Worried..

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

Italianlnm

Bullet.. His urine is brown/red.. Not deep. It is translucent, just a funny color... Is that what it should be?

Now for the worried part.. His poop.. Is a white almost powdery substance.. It is scarying me very badly.. My other sully (Who is in a different room) has nice turds.. Brown/green, firm and just great turtle poop.. (What tort lover doesn't love a nice looking poop).

Kymiie

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Nottinghamshire, UK
Dont have sulcatas, but someone will come along to help you!

But for my advice id say he needs a vet, took my hermann to vets once because he had diorreah and the vet told me to feed him brown bread and fruit yougart and stop when it is back to normal and its been fine since, but never seen white poop!

Turd lol...funny word.

Brown green??? if its green its not too good either... needs to be norml brown with digested or non diegested food in it if you get me....like our poop with sweetcorn lol!

xxx

I

Italianlnm

Haha.. It is dark brown.. but certain foods will make it a hunter green color.. but only for one poop.

bettinge

5 Year Member
Upstate NY
I think the green turds (its fun using that word) are OK. The white stuff are urates and are normal. In fact, its not good to NEVER have urates!

I

Italianlnm

But it isn't urates.. I don't think.. Because I figured this out during soaking.. He did actually pee it was a reddish/brownish (Like if you drink too much soda in a day).. This was coming out of his butt.. And it was white and powdery.

Ps: I know.. That word is a pretty fun word to use.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
A tortoise holds his urine inside his body because he never knows when he's going to be able to get another drink. So the liquid is re-used and re-used inside the body. What is left over after most of the liquid has been used is called "urates." Urates are usually either powdery or soft and are most always white. If they turn hard like rocks then your tortoise is dehydrated. Urine is usually pretty dark in the Sulcatas. And, incidentally, urine and poop both come out the same orifice. So your tortoise can pee, he can poop, and he can expel urates.

Yvonne

I

Italianlnm

Thanks Yvonne. That eases my worries. I was scared that he was having bowel problems.

M

Maggie Cummings

Bob's urine is brownish redish clearish the whole time I'm feeding him grape leafs and dandelions. Then he covers his turds in white almost powder, but he spends most of his time in a dehydrated state as he has a bowl of water to drink from and he doesn't drink a lot.

t_mclellan said:
You type faster than I do Yvonne!

irritating, isn't it!!!:D

t_mclellan

10 Year Member!
Gilchrist Co., Florida
Try soaking him, 15 min. or so every day or 2 & see if things change.
I think you might be surprised.
Like we said he might be a little dehydrated. Other than that nothing really odd.
There pee tends to darken more when they take in less water as was said.
Its how they are designed.

Status
Not open for further replies.