worried

Status
Not open for further replies.

sheric12

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Mesa, AZ
So let my russian Carly out for her daily outdoor time. Well she is
hiding and hiding well. I can not find her. She is in an area that has no access to get out. Lots of bushes and shrubs to hide in, have checked them to no avail . Any tips or suggestions to get her to come out of hiding. I dont see any dug holes around the block fence to the neighbor's yards. Eek

Attachments

• IMAG0044.jpg
    IMAG0044.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 24

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
sheric12 said:
So let my russian Carly out for her daily outdoor time. Well she is
hiding and hiding well. I can not find her. She is in an area that has no access to get out. Lots of bushes and shrubs to hide in, have checked them to no avail . Any tips or suggestions to get her to come out of hiding. I dont see any dug holes around the block fence to the neighbor's yards. Eek

If she really has no access out, then she has likely burrowed under a bush. Mine have done that and the hole closes in after them. You have to try to recall previous preferred sites, and get on your hands and knees and actually feel around sort of deeply to discover the softer area. They are good at covering the evidence! Sometimes you go over it 2-3 times because you miss them the first time. Good Luck. At least it is summer.

Fernando

10 Year Member!
Southern California
Russians are VERY VERY good hiders. I will usually try wetting the yard, my Russians hate getting sprayed with water. If not, you have to walk foot by foot around your yard. A Russian can dig deep in a matter of minutes and will only expose the top half of their shell...barely.

coreyc

10 Year Member!
Massachusetts
Keep looking they hide well put some food out and check it in the morning see if she is eating

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
My rescued Sulcata does this every day, I know there are no place to get out but she blends in very well. We tend to find her when she comes out to eat, but we do worry until we see her. I a sure you will find her when she comes out to eat.

sheric12

5 Year Member
Mesa, AZ
Carly was found...Fernando couldn't take a good pic since it was so dark out. Found her by flashlight and some digging. She was hiding under a prickly bush about 4 inches down. Totally covered up! Crazy girl....she didn't look too happy to be found. But that changed when she got fed. She was MIA for a day and a half.When her permanent enclosure is made outside she can dig all she wants. That enclosure will be escape proof to the best of my ability :)

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
sheric12 said:
Carly was found...Fernando couldn't take a good pic since it was so dark out. Found her by flashlight and some digging. She was hiding under a prickly bush about 4 inches down. Totally covered up! Crazy girl....she didn't look too happy to be found. But that changed when she got fed. She was MIA for a day and a half.When her permanent enclosure is made outside she can dig all she wants. That enclosure will be escape proof to the best of my ability :)

A relief for you! They are crazy fun creatures.

gmayor

5 Year Member
Whittier, CA.
IM glad you found her russians are very tiring you have to keep up with them mine dug a hole about a good foot underground took me forever to find her for the first time but now she continues to go to that same spot and now its even deep

Status
Not open for further replies.