Can't find my turtle

bmt123

5 Year Member
So Wednesday we got a big rain and both turtles were super active. When I checked on them on Thursday and couldn't find one. Didn't think anything of it just figured it was hiding really good. When I didn't find her Friday I became worried and search the whole enclosure and surrounding area to no avail. On Saturday I slowly mowed the yard hoping to drive her out still no sign. So today I miticulesley (please excuse spelling) combed through the entire yard and still didn't find her. Is there any way of drawing her out of hiding.

pam

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Minnesota
Best wishes hope you find her soon

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
Keep looking and keep looking. Get on your hands and knees and feel every knook and knany and then do it again. My tort was missing for 4 days before she turned up. They have a really bad habit of moving. They even turn up in a spot that you swear you just checked too. Keep looking. Best times are in the morning. Good Luck

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Keep looking, specially in the morning, after the sun has come out. Get down on hands and knees and feel under every bush, nook and cranny.
Good luck

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
Did you find her?

mikeh

5 Year Member
Rain drives box turtle super active, searching for mate, food and travel to expand their territory. They are excellent escape artists and during rain time they will try to escape enclosures which they were previously content with. If the turtle has made the enclosure/pen its home/territory for some time it may not be too too far. If the enclosure was new to it, it may not be looking to stick around in the area and may be some ways off.
I would expand my search outside of the enclosure. Hope you find it.