Yellow Foot Tortoise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Masteryoda

5 Year Member
Hello Everyone,

I just recently got a Yellow Foot Tortoise Hatchling. Would like to ask for everyones help on giving tips on ensuring that the little tortoise grows happy and healthy.

PS: Is it normal for it to burrow and hide. :)

Thanks everyone

RedfootSteve

5 Year Member
I just got a baby red foot hatchling and would love to read the answers you get. Good luck with baby.

Sent from my iPhone using TortForum mobile app

Jabuticaba

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Winnipeg, MB
Masteryoda said:
Hello Everyone,

I just recently got a Yellow Foot Tortoise Hatchling. Would like to ask for everyones help on giving tips on ensuring that the little tortoise grows happy and healthy.

PS: Is it normal for it to burrow and hide. :)

Thanks everyone

Hi. Are you new here? I'm sort of new here, too. Sorry that I can't give you any advice other then have fun with your new hatchling and post pictures of and list the environmental conditions in the enclosure: temperature, humidity, food type, heat and UVB source(s), type of substrate, how often you soak him, etc. I'm sure a few people will be along to help.

I have 2 Hermann's torts and I've learned a lot from these great people. :)

May[CHERRY BLOSSOM], Darwin[TURTLE] & Wallace[TURTLE]
Winnipeg, Canada

Masteryoda

5 Year Member
Goodluck with yours as well. Hopefully we get some useful tips from the others. :)

I have a couple of Red Foots also, they're very personable and not shy at all. They like to burrow in coco peat (the substrate I use) instead of using their hidebox. . So far I have not experienced any issues with them. Just make sure you soak them everyday, give calcium/vitamin supplements once/twice a week, I feed them Mazuri once a week. I've read that Dog Food, Egg whites, boiled chicken are good sources of protein.

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.