Yippee!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

redkim

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
California
Hey all just had to share a great moment!!

Everyone here was so helpful when I had my question for my hatchling as far as he wanted to eat only the greens and not the hays and grasses. Anyway - many helpful answers were given and so I ordered the chopped up hay/grass mix from Carolina Pet Supply and have been soaking small amounts and mixing it in with the chopped greens so he gets a little of both. Well last night I got home after working late and was just dragging tail. I got lazy and rather than pull out the greens and chop them and go out to the plants and get leaves and clover, I just soaked a small handful of the chopped mix and sprinkled some vitamins over it and put that in his food dish. I guess my face must have revealed to him that it was this or nothing!

So he waddled his little butt into his food dish and started munching right away!! When I came back in from feeding the horses about 15 minutes later he was still at it and had made quite a dent! So due to my laziness he is now acclimated to eating the hays and grasses mix without the greens!!

This is such a relief as I was slowly trying to wean him off greens by putting more hay and less spring mix - I guess it worked! Now the greens can just be a treat. He goes out several times a week to graze on clover and grasses I have grown but when he's inside I wanted his diet to be a little better as well.

Moral of the story - it's still not ok to be lazy!!! It just worked this time!

dcoolguy68

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
lucky.. ive been trying to get mine to eat hay but no budge... only once! but after that no lol

Status
Not open for further replies.