Zoo Med Lamp Stand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mao Senpai

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
North Carolina
Yeah, I use both since originally I had a deep dome setup but the winter has been pretty cold in this house so I went to find whatever ceramic fixture I had for the CHE.
http://tortoiseforum.org/attachment.php?aid=6223 shows how I had both the deep dome and clamp lamp setup. If you need any other pictures I can take it later on if you like.

HarleyK

5 Year Member
Hey Thanks mao much appreciated....looks like I'm going to buy this thing. Your picture shows that I can clamp it to the arm and it can rest in the hook if the clamp goes bad! nice!!

Mao Senpai

5 Year Member
North Carolina
Hehe yeah, it took me a good while to figure that out and get it just to the way I like it.... I was all like clamp here no.... how about this no... darn it and I just threw it on the hook and saw the clamp by the arm and I was like hmm... AH this works. Hehe. I'm glad I helped =)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
No!

That's a great stand. I only wish the "foot" were a bit bigger. But what you do is remove the clamp part of your light fixture and HANG the fixture from the stand. You can just wrap the cord around at the distance you want it to be then tie a half knot in it to keep it there.

PeanutbuttER

5 Year Member
Utah
Mao Senpai said:
Yeah, I use both since originally I had a deep dome setup but the winter has been pretty cold in this house so I went to find whatever ceramic fixture I had for the CHE.
http://tortoiseforum.org/attachment.php?aid=6223 shows how I had both the deep dome and clamp lamp setup. If you need any other pictures I can take it later on if you like.

Very ingenious. I would never have thought to set it up like that, and it looks like its pretty safe. Good job.

zoogrl

5 Year Member
Missouri
I use this stand for my russian and I have had no troubles at all with it. It would be nice if the foot were larger, but other than that I feel it has held up very well. I hang my light, I don't have a clamp but can see how it would be no trouble to do either one.

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
I have this stand also. I don't know why I never thought of removing the clamp and hanging the light...duh!

Status
Not open for further replies.