Zoo Med

Lynn1957

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Alberta
Just wondering if anyone feeds tortoise pellets made by Zoo Med?
And what you think of them?

Clamhandsmcgee

5 Year Member
Tennessee
I don't really care for any of the pellet foods except for Mazuri, and I only give it to mine maybe once a week for a supplement. That's just my opinion though

Lynn1957

5 Year Member
Alberta
Tortoise Pellets of any kind isn't bad as long as it's a part of a widely varied diet.
Thanks, I can't seem to find them here in Edmonton. Doesn't seem to be much for choices here.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
The ZooMed stuff is good, but most tortoises won't eat it by itself. Soak it until its mushy and mix it in with greens. Its a great way to amend low fiber grocery store foods. Start with very small amounts at first.

chin_lee

5 Year Member
WA state Pacific Northwest
I concur with Tom. I soak X number of mazuri pellets until soft and I soak the same X number of zoomed pellets in another container until the puff up a bit. then mix the two. I soak separately because they absorb liquids at different rates with the mazuri taking longer to absorb. Just to be sure we are on the same page, this is the zoomed pellets I (we) are referring to:ZM-130_Natural_Grassland_Tortoise_Food-498x700.jpg

Lynn1957

5 Year Member
Alberta
I concur with Tom. I soak X number of mazuri pellets until soft and I soak the same X number of zoomed pellets in another container until the puff up a bit. then mix the two. I soak separately because they absorb liquids at different rates with the mazuri taking longer to absorb. Just to be sure we are on the same page, this is the zoomed pellets I (we) are referring to:View attachment 220666
Thanks, yes that's the product. My guy loves it!!

Lynn1957

5 Year Member
Alberta
Really??? none of my torts will eat it straight. What tort species are you feeding? I have to add it to mazuri for them to even consider eating it lol

Mine is a young Hermann

N

no one

Mine won't eat it. And I bought two big jars. I soak it and mix it with greens. Still notting. But I keep offering it twice a week. Who knows...

It is too bad but I can't find the Mazuri here in the Netherlands.

N

no one

I see dandelion flavour or banana on bol.com. Also big jars. Maybe I can find the little jars somewhere.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
I see dandelion flavour or banana on bol.com. Also big jars. Maybe I can find the little jars somewhere.

I use the fruit and flower, but dandelion would be good. I don't trust the banana - it sounds too sweet

You can buy it from Amazon in the UK