ZooMed success!

Status
Not open for further replies.

karleyreed

5 Year Member
Tried Michaelanglo with some ZooMed grassland tortoise pellets today, softened up with water and mixed in with his greens, I put a little pile of it separate for him and he went over and devoured it! Wooohoooo! :D

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Yeah...I've heard its supposed to be a pretty good manufactured diet. Too bad it costs so much, as I'd like to try it too...but I feed too many tortoises for it to be economical.

diaboliqueturtle

5 Year Member
Toronto, Canada
karleyreed said:
Tried Michaelanglo with some ZooMed grassland tortoise pellets today, softened up with water and mixed in with his greens, I put a little pile of it separate for him and he went over and devoured it! Wooohoooo! :D

Awesome! I use it for my red foot (forest tortoise version) and she licks her rock clean! :-D

emysemys said:
Yeah...I've heard its supposed to be a pretty good manufactured diet. Too bad it costs so much, as I'd like to try it too...but I feed too many tortoises for it to be economical.

I am REALLY envious of your prices. Here in Canada I pay $15/lb for Mazuri and $20/2lbs of ZooMed forest tortoise...

karleyreed

5 Year Member
I got around 500g for £5 which is reli cheap! I use like 3-5 pellets each time so this will last me around a year probably.

mattgrizzlybear

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
I only use mazuri but may try this. By the sound of it, it must be pretty good!

KingInCulver

5 Year Member
Southern California
Ryan didn't like it the first few times I offered it, but then one day he just chowed down!! It has become part of the food rotation. Also, because its already moistened, I use it to administer powders for calcium and multivitamins.

Yellow Turtle

5 Year Member
Indonesia
karleyreed said:
I got around 500g for £5 which is reli cheap! I use like 3-5 pellets each time so this will last me around a year probably.

Please watch for the expiry date if it takes a year to finish it.
Put in refrigerator inside a pre-vacuumed wrap might extend the shelf life.

colatoise

10 Year Member!
South Carolina
Yellow Turtle said:
Please watch for the expiry date if it takes a year to finish it.
Put in refrigerator inside a pre-vacuumed wrap might extend the shelf life.

Agreed. I bought some in bulk off eBay and it started to mold after a few months. Don't want to get my little guy sick.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
All I just saw was March 2015 and I thought it was another end of the world post! LOL!

CourtneyAndCarl

5 Year Member
Middle of nowhere
Carl hated it, which is why I thought he would feel the same way about Mazuri. Well I was wrong because he is in love with Mazuri. I couldn't even get him to eat the ZooMed by mixing a tiny bit of it in with his favorite greens... if it had the zoomed pellets in it, he just wouldn't eat.

Yellow Turtle

5 Year Member
Indonesia
I remember mazuri expiry only lasts a year and zoomed can last 3 years???
That's very long time considering it's got probiotic and also vitamin...

alita

5 Year Member
karleyreed said:

yayyy I have two russian babies and recently got zoomed pellets and they seemed to accept it too! Great news. I feel like a proud mummy lol

Alan RF

5 Year Member
United Kingdom
Alan's trying out the zoomed forest variety and I've not seen him eat it yet. However, it is flattened when I go to clear his food slate! I'll keep giving him it once a week and see how he goes. Merry Christmas! :)

scottishscott

5 Year Member
My little one Rhino(sully) loves his Zoomed. He will not touch Mazuri at all. I mix the zoomed half/half with fresh weeds and greens

mainey34

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
If they have expiration dates its easy...just put 1/2 in a ziploc bag write the date on it and toss it in the freezer. It will be fine till you need it...

Status
Not open for further replies.