ZooMed Tortoise house

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Las Vegas, NV
Maybe for a hatchling tortoise, but I dont see an adult being too happy in this. But thats just my opinion of course..

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Hello and welcome :)

It's far too small for anything other than a hatchling.

Russians need space to roam - lots of it! Work on the basis for one square foot for every square inch of plastron as a minimum size!

Have you read Tom's Beginner Mistakes thread? It's got loads of useful information.

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
dmarcus said:
Maybe for a hatchling tortoise, but I dont see an adult being too happy in this. But thats just my opinion of course..

Forgot to say hello and welcome to the forum...:D

yuri2012

5 Year Member
Hey OP, I had the same issue when looking at enclosures. The solution is to buy 2 of them and put them together and remove one of the side walls to make it a longer extension and in the end it'll be 72" x 24".

wpeltola

5 Year Member
Indiana
For what it's worth, I believe the Zoo Med Tortoise House is adequate for a single Russian, assuming you take him/her outside for exercise frequently.

Obviously putting two together is a better solution, but some folks (like me) cant afford another. I do take him out a lot, so he's fine :)

jacquiroell

5 Year Member
I don't know how handy you are but we made one this past weekend for about 40 bucks. It's just a piece of plywood and we framed the sides tall enough so she can't climb out.

I looked around for a pre made one and this was the best solution because you can make it the exact size you want.

ShervyBaby

5 Year Member
Maryland/DC
dgoudie said:
http://www.amazon.com/Zoo-Med-Wood-Tortoise-House/product-reviews/B00167S5EY

Is this big enough for 1 Russian tortoise? Even when full grown? I am planning on buying a tortoise sometime soon, and am just starting my research on enclosures and such.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

I recently bought a 8 month old greek tortoise and a got the zoo med tortoise house. For right now it is enjoying it but in a year or so when it gets bigger i will buy another one and connect them. i would say go ahead and get it, it was worth it for me.

dgoudie

5 Year Member
Maybe I will look at building one myself, or just getting a big plastic tub. I would rather just have a house set up and not have to change when he/she grows up.

Thanks for the help everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.