1.5 yr old Leopard not growing

teresaf

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Port Charlotte, Florida
don't let the temps get below 80 in any part of the enclosure at any time with that high of a humidity. heat emitters are great at night

Joshua R Dimpfl

Is there any alternatives to heat emitters? Right now she is in a closed environment and I am kind of wary with heating pads...

parrotlady

5 Year Member
It would be interesting to know the fecal results. I had a sulcata that wasn't growing at the same rate as her siblings, they were double her size. I finally took her to the vet and she had worms. After a couple of rounds of treatment she doubled her size within less than a year. Btw, her siblings did not have the worms? I have no idea how or where she could of got them, possibly the breeder? She is thriving now but still lagging behind but gradually catching up.

Turbotort

Florida
It turns out josh and I got our Leo's from the same person at repticon but a year apart. We are having the exact same problems. I just took a stool sample to a vet and it was negative. There are suspicious tiny balls that look like eggs so I was given a med to deworm/parasite. So we'll see whathappens after that.

Joshua R Dimpfl

Hmm, I may need to schedule a vet visit. I noticed today that her sides are a little soft, along with the belly.

Turbotort

Florida
My torts shell and plastron where pretty soft a month ago but have sense hardened. that's why I am still hopeful.

Joshua R Dimpfl

I regret to inform everyone that despite all of our best efforts, little Tusk succumbed to her illness and never woke up this morning. My wife is distraught, that was her baby for almost two years.

Turbotort

Florida
I'm so sorry :( it really is unfortunate. I just hope my tort pulls through someday.

hhilgen2

SE Missouri
Oh no, so sorry to hear that! It sounds like you really gave it your best, though.

Joshua R Dimpfl

I would also like to note that upon death my wife and myself both noticed a clear callous-looking nodule on the side of her neck, can anyone give me an idea as to what it could have been?