1 Year Old!

TKL

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Toronto, Canada
Hey everyone, my leopard Bacardi is now a year old so I thought I'd post some pictures for you all to see!

Here he is on the day I brought him home, at the time he was 11 weeks old, 2" long and weighed 41 grams:
WP_20140503_013.jpg

Fast forward 9 months to today and here he is measuring in at 5.25" in length and 498 grams:
WP_20150221_002.jpg WP_20150221_003.jpg WP_20150221_004.jpg WP_20150221_007.jpg WP_20150221_008.jpg
I've had a great time learning and watching him grow so far and am looking forward to many more years to come! Hope you all have enjoyed looking at him as much as I do :p

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
WOW! ! !!

What a looker! ! ! !:eek::eek: :<3::<3::eek::eek:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Boy.

It's amazing how much they change in such a short time. I love his carapace pattern. He's a beauty.

TKL

10 Year Member!
Toronto, Canada
I know they all grow at their own rates but just out of curiosity, at his size is he on-par, below, or above average for a yearling?

diamondbp

10 Year Member!
I know they all grow at their own rates but just out of curiosity, at his size is he on-par, below, or above average for a yearling?
I would say he is a tad large for his age. If started right (which yours obviously was) they can surely grow at the rate yours has grown. I think it's obvious that you've done a superb job.

It's still early to sex but I would say young male with unusually narrow anal scutes.

Where you did aquire it from when it was a hatchling?

TKL

10 Year Member!
Toronto, Canada
I would say he is a tad large for his age. If started right (which yours obviously was) they can surely grow at the rate yours has grown. I think it's obvious that you've done a superb job.

It's still early to sex but I would say young male with unusually narrow anal scutes.

Where you did aquire it from when it was a hatchling?
Actually the story behind how I got this guy is that he was a replacement for another leopard hatchling that I had bought. The first one I'm sure was dry started and even though it was eating and active only lasted a month. One morning it was up and waiting in the food dish as usual but when I came back to check a few hours later the little one had passed away. I spoke to the reptile manager at the pet store where I had purchased it and he was quite understanding, as he keeps a few torts himself. As a result he was able to get me another hatchling from a different breeder. So not too long after I was able to bring Bacardi home, and ever since, I've had the pleasure of being able to care for and watch him grow.