1st Summer Treat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kymiie

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Nottinghamshire, UK
So in the summer I would like to give crush a treat of flowers and plants (never had them before apart from dandilion)

Anyway... whats flowers/plants can he eat so I can go out and buy and plant them?

Thanks

xxx

S

stells

Pansies... Petunia's... Hosta... Hibiscus... Rose Petals... Nasturtiums... Calendula... Hollyhock... Snap dragons...

Just a few to get started with... also you can grow your own weed seeds... there are a few places in the UK you can get them from... the shelled warrior shop being one...

I'll think of some more when my brain is functioning properly... (could be a while)

harwood

5 Year Member
Yes Parsley is edible as part of a varied diet, it has quite a high level of oxalic acid and is low in calcium so its recommended you supplement it with something like limestone flour to up the calcium level.
Mine tend to avoid herbs, I read somewhere this is quite common probably due to their stronger taste

Harwood

Kymiie said:
Can my tortoise eat parsley?

xx

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
my russians attack hibiscus like they are crack addicts.

md13

5 Year Member
what treats(fruits) are good for my Herman tortoise?

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
md13 said:
what treats(fruits) are good for my Herman tortoise?

Mine loves strawberries, but she only gets one large one (or two smaller ones) about once every two weeks...moderation is a good rule for European torts and fruits.

Also, cantaloupe, pears, peaches and Goldern Delicious apples are enthusiastically accepted, but, again, only a small amount a couple X a month, at most.

I suspect both Jennifer and Ptolemy would delighted to get all of the above daily! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.