1st time!

jeff kushner

Location (City and/or State)
North of Annapolis
Matilda has never slept here before....in fact she only went in there a couple weeks ago for the first time that I saw anyway.

20230317_033041.jpg

I didn't hear her moving after digging in last night and when I turned on her heat and light and there she was!

funny how this angle seems to reinforce the real possibility that she's, a he...but you guys know better than I do.

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
No it's not. I personally have never looked at a Boxies tail so I don't know how thick it should be.
well, I just looked at several of my females... all have short tails...so...my guess is...Matilda has changed her gender just like Mary K...Matilda is actually Matt...

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
Why is it OK for girls to have guy names, but NOT OK for guys to have girl names?

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
I admit, I assigned her as a her when she moved in. I don't want to live with a dude...chicks are okay though. LOL We seem to mesh well.

Thanks for checking the girls Mags.....that's a pretty solid evidence since you know that they are girls!

I do not REALLY know how to tell other than what I've heard or read here....I usually look at the eyes, the bottom shell and the tail section for box turtles....fat shorter tails seem to be female to me too Mags and to me, she is more likely a he. Kind of funny but I don't think that HE or she will have to do anything, I think Kerry and I will have to "transition" to think of her as him. LOL

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
Why is it OK for girls to have guy names, but NOT OK for guys to have girl names?

It is SO funny that you mentioned this!! OMG

Let me explain this, from a self-described expert in this particular field in the girls names part anyway. You know I like tomboys, right? Guess what many, like Kerry have......boys names!

Ask Kerry, I always say and have said since I was 15 " I like girls that have boys names" ........simply because quite often, it's how it worked out!

That's really a hoot that you asked that, where I could see it! LOL

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Everybody in my family thinks I gave my tortoise a girl name because I call him Sapphire. I'm still wondering how a rock's name has a gender 🙃😁of course you could give him a nickname.or just say he hasn't figured out his gender yet 😉😁

SinLA

Tortoise Club
Los Angeles
LOL ever been to a "Gentlemen's club"....Jasmine, Sapphire, Diamond, Ruby, .....Every girl there has a "rocks name" LOL

and every one of the girls wears Vanilla perfume................
When my 10 year old nephew named their new dog "Cherry", I was like... ya know, I probably would have tried to guide that one in a different direction...

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
Well, I'm not so sure that's true Tammy...My 20 year old granddaughter used to be Emily, now she is Alyx and her 6'3" partner wears dresses and is named Phoebe. Things are changing Tammy, and not always for the good...

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
And well... I read lately that there's 70 recognized genders. I'm trying to not visualize that 🥴🤔