2 hermanns what do you think?

Zbutcher

Location (City and/or State)
Edmonton
Hey folks, I have 2 hermanns and I am very curious on what you think the sex is?

Yes I understand it's very difficult to tell, but there are some differences I am seeing so if you could hazard a guess what would you say?

Thanks folks.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210828-123201.jpg
    Screenshot_20210828-123201.jpg
    196.7 KB · Views: 14
  • Screenshot_20210828-123217.jpg
    Screenshot_20210828-123217.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 14

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
My guess two males.
Hope you know they should not be housed together no matter what the sexes. Tortoises do not do good in pairs.
If you end up with two females then there is a small chance they can live together in a very big, yard size or large room size enclosure.

Zbutcher

Edmonton
My guess two males.
Hope you know they should not be housed together no matter what the sexes. Tortoises do not do good in pairs.
If you end up with two females then there is a small chance they can live together in a very big, yard size or large room size enclosure.
2 males really? What's makes you say that? I am just curious.

Yes I am aware.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Except that the first one looks like it might be smaller then the second. The scutes look the same shape and the tails look to be the same size as per their size. Not sure how to describe the tail length part. Hope that makes sense.
If one does end up female, I think it would be the first one. But they all look more female when too small to sex.