2 leopard tortoises for adoption

Status
Not open for further replies.

twtraudio

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
I have to give up my 2 leopards and hate to do so. I lost my job and have to move back home where there is only room for my burmese mountain tortoise. So i will be giving up my 2 leopard tortoises one is 2 yrs old 7.5 inches and the other 1.5 yrs old 5.25 inches. They come with everything possible. All lights and cages (cages are big). Will give more info to potential adopter.[/u]

I am looking for someone in the chicago land region as I will not ship these beauties. So if you guys know of anyone or are someone that would like them let me know. You must have experience with tortoises please ! I am not asking any money. I just want them to go to a good home (not a breeder or reptiles sales store). So please good references only and thankyou.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
That's too bad (that you've lost your job and especially that you have to give up your tortoises!!). Sorry that has happened to you.

Yvonne

Meg90

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
WI
I am sorry....do you have pictures? Also, if you meant Chicago IL, you could also post this on wireptiles.com/forums. Its a WI based forum, all reptiles all the time. You might be able to find someone willing to drive, that has the right experience.

turtlemom

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Berthoud, Colorado
Would you be interested in having someone 'foster' them until you get back on your feet? We might be interested in that. We have plenty of inside and outside space and currently have three greeks but we don't know anything about leopards. Do they hibernate? Eastern Colorado to Chicago would be a road trip but maybe you could meet us somewhere in between. How big are your enclosures? SUV or trailer size?! :)

Maybe an option . . .

Donna

twtraudio

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
I really want to find them a permanent home. And i have moved 3 times in this past year and they get so stressed everytime i really wouldnt want to put them through that kind of a drive. I must say though thankyou for the offer and leopards are lil harder to take care of than greeks (nothing you cant learn though).

Yes it is Chicago, IL and i do have pics i will have to post.

turtlemom said:
Would you be interested in having someone 'foster' them until you get back on your feet? We might be interested in that. We have plenty of inside and outside space and currently have three greeks but we don't know anything about leopards. Do they hibernate? Eastern Colorado to Chicago would be a road trip but maybe you could meet us somewhere in between. How big are your enclosures? SUV or trailer size?! :)

Maybe an option . . .

Donna

twtraudio

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Adopted ! Through a trusted member from my very own chicago herptalogical society !

twtraudio

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Thankyou and well thats just how it is right now so. As long as you have determination and a strong anyone can get through these tough times. I hate to give my leopards away but its better for them right now and thats all i care about. I still have my fiancee' , my dog , my burmese mountain tort and my health so although i wont have my leopards i still have alot to be thankful for ! ( oh and the supportive members here)

tortoisenerd said:
Congrats on the adoption and sorry to hear you are going through a tough time.

bettinge

5 Year Member
Upstate NY
You have a big heart to give these torts away rather than sell them in your difficult period! That truly shows you want to best for them. I admire you for that. Good luck getting back on your feet. You are right, you have a lot to be thankful for!

alanbormann

5 Year Member
I live in the chicago area and I am sorry about your hard times. I would be interested in the leopard tortoises. I have 3 sulcates and 1 leopard tortoise right now. thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.