2 Redfoots need rehoming.

Dee57

Location (City and/or State)
Jacksonville, Florida
I have 2 redfoots I would like to find a great home for. They are almost 3 years old, not sure of the sex.
If you are interested or know of a rescue that would be great.
I am in Jacksonville, Florida.

Attachments

• 20220220_133920.jpg
    20220220_133920.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 25

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Jacksonville is a bit far from me.
Shame.
Please ask a lot of questions to any new prospective owner(s)
I'd also reccomend choosing a known member of the forum and look at their past content.
Some folks are known as "Trolls" because they only pop up to try to grab free tortoises.
Their intent is unknown.
But grabbing them with no realistic plan or way of correctly caring for a tortoise is not good. And I assume many get sold afterwards and/or face horrible conditions.
Also. Be very cautious of ANYONE or ANYTHING calling itself a "rescue".
In just about 40 years of south Florida tortoise keeping, I haven't encountered a single REAL ONE.

Finding great homes or a home shouldn't be difficult. Just confirm the person's experience level.
Commitment level. Confirm that they have a suitable outdoors enclosure area and ask for photos. Etc

Last edited:

Dee57

Jacksonville, Florida
Jacksonville is a bit far from me.
Shame.
Please ask a lot of questions to any new prospective owner(s)
I'd also reccomend choosing a known member of the forum and look at their past content.
Some folks are known as "Trolls" because they only pop up to try to grab free tortoises.
Their intent is unknown.
But grabbing them with no realistic plan or way of correctly caring for a tortoise is not good. And I assume many get sold afterwards and/or face horrible conditions.
Also. Be very cautious of ANYONE or ANYTHING calling itself a "rescue".
In just about 40 years of south Florida tortoise keeping, I haven't encountered a single REAL ONE.

Finding great homes or a home shouldn't be difficult. Just confirm the person's experience level.
Commitment level. Confirm that they have a suitable outdoors enclosure area and ask for photos. Etc
Thank you for the info.
I am an animal lover, I have many. They are safe with me and I would never give them to an inexperienced person. I have a place that takes rescues but it's a store and I will not do that to them.

mrsaroarka

Florida
I am in Jacksonville FL and very interested. I have two large outdoor enclosures that your tortoises would be very happy in. We are Redfoot lovers and could take them as soon as this weekend.

sissyofone

10 Year Member!
San Antonio, Texas
I have 2 redfoots I would like to find a great home for. They are almost 3 years old, not sure of the sex.
If you are interested or know of a rescue that would be great.
ExI am in Jacksonville, Florida.
Hi Would you be willing to ship to San Antonio Texas ? I have experience with reds . And would love to have the two you have.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I am in Jacksonville FL and very interested. I have two large outdoor enclosures that your tortoises would be very happy in. We are Redfoot lovers and could take them as soon as this weekend.
Seeing you are a new member, and there is little to no info about your tortoise keeping, you might want to post a thread telling about yourself, tortoises and post pics of your tortoises and enclosures.