Advice please

Status
Not open for further replies.

vamp

5 Year Member
I have 3 redfoots this is my first yr with my 2 8in I adopted I live in Jacksonville Fl so we get damp cold winters nothing like back home in Pennsylvania but it does drop below 65 some night and with the dampness I don't want anyone to get colds, My question is do you think 2 8in redfoots can spend the winter in a 75 gal tank? I plan on filling it with soil, stones and bark and planting some of the same veggies that are growing in there outside home in it. I was also planing on putting card board around the bottom so just like with the bricks out side they don't spend their day trying to get out. My 41/2 will go into a 29 gal tank same set up.
what do you think.

Thank you,
Charlotte

Attachments

• 546430_3787041634455_1371652969_n.jpg
    546430_3787041634455_1371652969_n.jpg
    194.4 KB · Views: 26

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I agree, they need something larger, or separate enclosures.

You could also, lock them inside a heated tort house for the cold nights. Also, just bring them in for the nights and put back outside during the day.

safari_lass1

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
SW Tn
Instead of using a terrarium, could you build a tortoise box. If you have never made one, it sounds a bit intimidating but is quite simple. There are some great idea on here, some simple and others extravagent.

For the humid species, I wil have plenty of humid hides and cover almost a third of the enclosre with plexiglass/plywood to keep in humidity. Humidifiers also work really well. My hingebacks and aldabras will sit under where the mist floats down for awhile then go bask for a bit and repeat.

Status
Not open for further replies.