2 to 3 month old leopard seems large and starting to pyramid?

BudbudsAndy

I think, maybe, I finally got it. Temp is 80 on cool side, 86 on warm side and 90-92 in the basking spot. I think, I have enough of the air flow blocked to get the humidity up after some trial and error, 72% and rising!

teresaf

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Port Charlotte, Florida
Haha, yep. that's more like what mine looks like everyday.now that I think about it cameras probably aren't a good idea cuz mines always Fogged up so bad...

mikeylazer

5 Year Member
I still think that 80 degrees is right on the verge of being dangerous for a wet environment. The ideal for me would be the cool side around 86 and then bring the warm side up to about 92. Basking should be 100 degrees minimum.

BudbudsAndy

So now in a bit confused, I got the basking spot to 103 hot side 92 and the cool side is still reading 80

teresaf

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Port Charlotte, Florida
Should be fine. It may go up a couple degrees tomorrow when everything is warm all the way through. if he gets cold he should (but not always)have the good sense to stay over on the other end. Sounds like you're very receptive to constructive criticism. We like people who listen to good advise. Ehhh, we like people who love tortoises! And pictures!

BudbudsAndy

He only goes on the cool side to eat or when he's making laps lol. He sleeps in the hide, yay! The first couple night he wouldn't go near it. Crazy guy sleeps like he's dead, all sprawled out. Why would someone come here and not be open to advice? I was clearly doing something wrong and I want to fix it. I love Andy and I want him around forever!

BudbudsAndy

I don't know if you can tell by this picture but in only 2 weeks I can already see the difference in Andy's new growth. It is tiny but looks very smooth and flat.Yay! Thank you sooooo much!!!

Attachments

• 20150526_192030.jpg
    20150526_192030.jpg
    381.1 KB · Views: 32