!!!

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
PacificNorthWest
Some of you know I also do birds and cats. Yep...my senior cat couldn't care less about the birds, but the Little Sh*t who just turned 1 yr was obsessed with them. So I took all the cages and put them in the Dale Earnhardt Memorial Worship Room. I moved my desk in that room, put in a big tv and I'm a happy camper. I kept a squirt bottle on the desk, and I nailed that damn cat every time he came in...but over time I relaxed and he'd sneak in and nap beneath the cages...night before last I came in after putting the tortoises to bed and I saw Little Sh*t catching a flash of yellow...Holy cow! I grabbed the bird out of cats mouth and chased out cat.. checked the bird and he was hurt pretty bad...He hung on until last night. I buried him by Simon. I was beating myself up for forgetting to close the door. I did get sorta lax about it. So I've been down but just now when I was vacuuming, I noticed loose threads on the carpet under the bird door. That cat dug at the rug until he could push the door open. I didn't forget to close the door...he forced it open.
Here is Little Sh*t and Grayson...DSCN1883.JPG
I think Mary's beak was better before the filing...DSCN1784.JPG
Little Sh+t is teaching Grayson how to get under the rug...DSCN1880.JPG
this is 16 year old Smokey...DSCN1887.JPG
breakfast...a full 2.5 gallon bucket...and another one at dinnerDSCN1870.JPG

Megatron's Mom

North Little Rock, Arkansas
I'm so sorry.

I just adopted two 6 month old kittens. I worry about our bird at night. I have been locking them in my son's room. I can see them teaming up to knock the bird cage off the hutch to get to her. She's an old bird too, the fall would probably be enough to end her.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
i'm sorry you lost the bird, Mags. I'm wondering how the cat got it out of the cage? Glad you figured out about the door to the DEMWR and that t wasn't your fault.

Last edited:

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Dilly always would just sit on the top of my little Zebra Finch flock's cage if he managed to get in with them.That's enough to scare them to death. I knew they were safe. They didn't. He just likes watching them. He comes and gets me to take care of the big bugs in the house he's such a scardie cat.. So the birdies had their own room. Ridiculous huh.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
S
Dilly always would just sit on the top of my little Zebra Finch flock's cage if he managed to get in with them.That's enough to scare them to death. I knew they were safe. They didn't. He just likes watching them. He comes and gets me to take care of the big bugs in the house he's such a scardie cat.. So the birdies had their own room. Ridiculous huh.
So I'm sure you did your best to keep the birds safe. Sorry.

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
WTHeck??? Guess you missed some of my post...MY birds have their own room. And I don't think it's ridiculous...at all...:) My idea was to have their own room and it would be safer...but like ZEROPILOT said...he IS a cat...and did a cat thing. I just need to be more aware. I don't hate Little Sh*t, but it IS hard not to be little mad...and I am...

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
So sorry to hear this.

Several people suggested that I get a cat, as tortoises do not really give and take with us human beings. I refused. A cat would and could harm Oli any minute. I would not be able to leave home!

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
WTHeck??? Guess you missed some of my post...MY birds have their own room. And I don't think it's ridiculous...at all...:) My idea was to have their own room and it would be safer...but like ZEROPILOT said...he IS a cat...and did a cat thing. I just need to be more aware. I don't hate Little Sh*t, but it IS hard not to be little mad...and I am...
My birds had their own room also. But if he managed to sneak in (and he did) he would sit on top of their cage and scare them half to death. I was always afraid he would accidentally 🥴 snag one just playing. And that's even though he doesn't really hunt. If he spots a big bug he comes and gets me to deal with it 😭 so really yes it was a little kitty thing. I'm so sorry you lost your bird. I'm sorry if it seemed like I thought it was your fault. I'm sure you do the best you can to juggle all of their care. 🤗