24 yld Hermann tiny kingdom :)

diablo882

Location (City and/or State)
Valbonne, France
Hello everybody :) just wanted to share Erza's enclosure.

Erza's setup is basically the entire garden (she is free to go wherever she wants) and she also has a little eat/sleep area just so she does have her own space to retreat.;)

I keep my adult Hermann tortoise outside because i live in the extreme south of France (french riviera) which is where part of the wild population of hermann's tortoise still exist :) which makes the weather here perfectly suited for them ^^

the only downfall is that in the french riviera area housing is extremely expencive and im saving to buy a house but until then i am renting, the owner is very strict about what we can do :(:mad: and im not allowed to put real soil/durt everywhere, so the garden has mainly fake grass (carpet) exept her little private aarea which is 100% planted and wild grasses !:p

this is Erza
dsc_1710.jpg

this is her private wild sleep/eat area (it looks closed but it isn't she has infinite access to the rest of the garden)
dsc_1717.jpg
dsc_1817.jpg
dsc_1818.jpg
dsc_1712.jpg

her little house where she sleeps ans also where she hibernate in winter
dsc_1714.jpg

her favorite spot to cool down and escape the heat during hot summer afternoons
dsc_1713.jpg

and the rest of the garden where she can hangout whenever she wants
dsc_1816.jpg
dsc_1718.jpg
dsc_1815.jpg

and of course just some more pictures of Erza in her tiny kingdom
dsc_1719.jpg
dsc_1715.jpg
dsc_1819.jpg
dsc_1720.jpg

diablo882

Location (City and/or State)
Valbonne, France
Wow....hard to complain...the South of France....looks great.

sorry for the late answer ^^, the south of france looks great indeed im just complaining about the fact the my rent is 1000$ per month for a 50 meter square ( about 530 square feet if im correct) house and about 50 meter square garden !:( in france it's quite a lot and i would love to offer more space for my tortoise and especially more planted areas with plenty wild grasses to eat :p;) Other than that im not complaining much i do love my country :)

Hi and welcome! Erza is a beauty. I'd like to send an alert to @HermanniChris so he can see a hermanni in her native area.

Thank you so much ! go ahead :) i will make a thread of Erza's story because its is interesting how she came into my life :) :<3: im currently planning to plant some hibiscus and prickly pears in the garden for her as i have learned that they like it ^^ just not used to giving foreign food since french people feed wild weeds/grasses to their tortoise, i have tried dried food like hay and pellets but she acts as if im offering her rocks or some other non edible things :D:rolleyes:

Erza looks like a very happy, very pampered little tortoise! Welcome to the Forum!

Thank you so much ! she is and i try my best to give the best i can !

Wonderful example of a T. h. hermanni from Var. [emoji1303]

Yes she is inded ! most pet Hermanni boetgerri and hermanni hermanni sp.var have wild caught parents or grand parents because wild tortoise often end up in people's properties o_O