4 month old scratching at corner

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrishelby

5 Year Member
Hi!, I'm new to the forum. My baby is scratching the glass only in the corner where she sleeps, is this normal?

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Earth
Welcome. How big of a tank are you using?

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
She is most likely just trying to settle in before she go to sleep. Even if they can't dig they still go through the motions of digging..

B

byerssusan

Hi ..Mine did the same. even though I had substrate in the enclosure..What I did was add more in that area where she could dig down a little deeper and it stopped. I have not heard her scratch the sides since.

chrishelby

5 Year Member
Thanks for the info. What kind of substrate is good to use? I have been using terrarium liner because that is what the vet suggested.

jesst

5 Year Member
Florida
Morla did the same thing just before she feel asleep. it seemed like she was making it like a bed for herself. She is finally sleeling in her hide for the first time tonight, but I switched enclosures today. do you have a hide for your little one?

chrishelby

5 Year Member
I do have a hide, but she hasn't used it yet. Usually she sits just outside of it.

ripper7777777

10 Year Member!
Houston
Peanut does that no matter where she sleeps and no matter what she is on, if she is on the coco, she only digs enough to make little piles around her, but it is always in a corner.

steven

5 Year Member
Mine does it too he is about 4months.
I have coco coir in my terrarium, he loves it. Even when I let him roam on the carpet he finds a corner and just tries to climb or dig.

Status
Not open for further replies.