5 x 5 outdoor enclosure

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
They are very social once they get to know you . They are shy at first but once they see you give them food daily they come around quickly. They actually act kind of like red footed tortoises. Just on a smaller scale. Plus you get a break every winter when they nap the cold away .

DoctorPotterWho

Location (City and/or State)
Florida
They are very social once they get to know you . They are shy at first but once they see you give them food daily they come around quickly. They actually act kind of like red footed tortoises. Just on a smaller scale. Plus you get a break every winter when they nap the cold away .

Wow, how long do they nap for in the winter? That's pretty cool. I need to look into them more.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
1) The enclosure is very small.
2) the Croton plant that is hanging part over it is toxic.
3) I'd cut a triangular shape out of plywood and attach it to one of the corners on top for permanent shade.

DoctorPotterWho

Florida
1) The enclosure is very small.
2) the Croton plant that is hanging part over it is toxic.
3) I'd cut a triangular shape out of plywood and attach it to one of the corners on top for permanent shade.

Thank you, ZEROPILOT. We are removing all of the plants to extend it out. Our house is set to where the sun rises in the east and lights up the whole back yard until around noon, then it starts to shade. By 2 it will be completely shaded. I am going to load it up with plants to keep it super shaded in some areas.

Do you know anything about the bushes along the fence? I am not too sure what they are called. Are they toxic for them?

Thanks so much!!

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
We have members that are crazy good at plant identification. I'm not one of them.
Next chance you get, snap a few closer photos of them and place them in another thread under "plant identification". That is if someone else doesn't answer you in this thread.
Are there ever any red berries on them? Is it a Surinam Cherry bush?

Attachments

• 20160907_102131.jpg
    20160907_102131.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 6
Last edited:

DoctorPotterWho

Florida
We have members that are crazy good at plant identification. I'm not one of them.
Next chance you get, snap a few closer photos of them and place them in another thread under "plant identification". That is if someone else doesn't answer you in this thread.
Are there ever any red berries on them? Is it a Surinam Cherry bush?

Thank you! I am going to do that now. No, never any berries that I've ever seen. =)