6" male redfoot Petsmart Phx. AZ

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigred

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
That tort needs some natural sunlight and some space to roam. I hate that SH_ _ !!!!!!!!!! to

DesertGrandma

10 Year Member!
Arizona
They have marked the price down to $99 if anyone is interested.

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
susie said:
cemmons12 said:
jackrat said:
Petsmart should be banned from selling tortoises.

I agree, and Uncle Bills Pet Center here in Indiana don't treat the torts they get much better. They had 2 Russians last time we went and they were cold and the guy said, oh the heat mat just went out. Such b.s.! They just don't care, and I made my point to him before I left about the poor care they were getting! Made me so damn mad!

Uncle Bill's should be shut down. It's not just the reptiles but the puppies and kittens too. They have been on the news repeatedly here because of their puppy mill puppies and unvaccinated "donated" kittens. Hate that place!!! Are they just here in Indianapolis?? Are there other ones elsewhere??
Wow, thanks Susie! About the only person that ever agree's with me is Angela! Lol, just kid'n everybody! But you are so right Susie, I had forgot about the puppy mill thing. My memory really sucks!

austinl01

5 Year Member
Little Rock, AR
Our Petsmart only has Russian tortoises. Petco here carries Redfoots. Unfortunately both always look in very bad shape.

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
This just drives me crazy! I feel so bad for all of them. I guess one tort at a time, *sigh*...

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
susie said:
cemmons12 said:
jackrat said:
Petsmart should be banned from selling tortoises.

I agree, and Uncle Bills Pet Center here in Indiana don't treat the torts they get much better. They had 2 Russians last time we went and they were cold and the guy said, oh the heat mat just went out. Such b.s.! They just don't care, and I made my point to him before I left about the poor care they were getting! Made me so damn mad!

Uncle Bill's should be shut down. It's not just the reptiles but the puppies and kittens too. They have been on the news repeatedly here because of their puppy mill puppies and unvaccinated "donated" kittens. Hate that place!!! Are they just here in Indianapolis?? Are there other ones elsewhere?

If they are as you say, you should call animal care and control in your area. Better yet, do you have any no kill shelters in your area? Call them and ask for their help in shutting them down. Visit the store often and keep records of all the things you see that would help your case, even take pictures. At the very least drop an email or phone call about your concerns to PETA or the Animal Care and Control, or any other Animal Shelter you have in your area or close by. Please don't just complain about them with out at least making a phone call to report them. Please don't take this the wrong way, but when people complain but do nothing, nothing changes. When I am in places like that, and I can't get anyone to do something about it, well then my last stitch effort, probably just to make myself feel better, is I will go there at least one last time with a friend and I will talk very loud, so the other customers can hear me, and I will talk about how bad the conditions are and how this or that is wrong, or that the colored water is not vitamin water, as most puppy mill pet stores will tell you, etc. I will be loud enough for customers to hear me but not enough to get kicked out. That way I can return to do it again. Sorry I have carried on so much, I just hate pet stores that sells animals they have no business selling.

Status
Not open for further replies.