8.9 Magnitude Earthquake hits Japan, Hawaii under Tsunami Warning

Status
Not open for further replies.

onarock

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Hawaii
The Pacific Tsunami Warning Center just issued a Warning!! Scheduled to hit Hawaii at 2:58am Hawaii Time.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Is this for sure? or is it a maybe maybe not type of thing? all of the islands or just some?

uilani104

5 Year Member
Hawaii
All Hawaiian Islands but it will hit the Big Island first... Be safe everyone!!!

onarock

5 Year Member
Hawaii
Hilo Airport closed. All Department of Transportations employees on alert and All Department of Transportation Vehicles to Higher ground.... Right now the Tsunami Siren's are going off in my area. The Police are mobilizing to our local Community Center. Wish us luck

uilani104

5 Year Member
Hawaii
onarock said:
Hilo Airport closed. All Department of Transportations employees on alert and All Department of Transportation Vehicles to Higher ground.... Right now the Tsunami Siren's are going off in my area. The Police are mobilizing to our local Community Center. Wish us luck

Our siren's haven't gone off! They call my office every month and still have failed to have it fixed. Be safe!!!

uilani104 said:
All Hawaiian Islands but it will hit the Big Island first... Be safe everyone!!!

I got it mixed up..Island of Kaua'i will be first

onarock

5 Year Member
Hawaii
Uilani, are you mauka?

uilani104 said:
onarock said:

Our siren's haven't gone off! They call my office every month and still have failed to have it fixed. Be safe!!!

uilani104 said:

uilani104

5 Year Member
Hawaii
Yup...are you?
onarock said:
Uilani, are you mauka?

uilani104 said:
onarock said:

uilani104 said:

onarock

5 Year Member
Hawaii
No, but I think I'm good. Really close to the ocean, but up about 50ft on a cliff in Haiku. Here is a pic out the front door. I think I'm safe
male003.jpg

uilani104 said:
Yup...are you?
onarock said:
Uilani, are you mauka?

uilani104 said:
onarock said:

uilani104 said:

uilani104

5 Year Member
Hawaii
we just had an earthquake here....it was measured at 4.6 magnitude

I'm about 10 minutes from the beach not too far up mauka. Definitely not in a tsunami zone!
onarock said:
No, but I think I'm good. Really close to the ocean, but up about 50ft on a cliff in Haiku. Here is a pic out the front door. I think I'm safe
male003.jpg

uilani104 said:
Yup...are you?
onarock said:
Uilani, are you mauka?

uilani104 said:
onarock said:

uilani104 said:

onarock

5 Year Member
Hawaii
Now we just had a 4.6 earthquake on the Big Island... I think the Mayan calendar is broken

onarock

5 Year Member
Hawaii
The new member Deaf Paul lives on the canal in Hawaii Kai.... not good!

uilani104

5 Year Member
Hawaii
aww I hope he moves to high ground!! My grandma(Keaukaha) and my brother(Kailua-Kona) and his family evacuated.

onarock said:

onarock

5 Year Member
Hawaii
Thats great. Most of my family lives in Waimanalo and Kailua (no word from them) my brother in Kaneohe (evacuated)

uilani104 said:
aww I hope he moves to high ground!! My grandma(Keaukaha) and my brother(Kailua-Kona) and his family evacuated.

onarock said:

John

5 Year Member
onarock said:
Thats great. Most of my family lives in Waimanalo and Kailua (no word from them) my brother in Kaneohe (evacuated)

uilani104 said:

onarock said:
yo brother just woke up too this you all o.k out there?

John

5 Year Member
as of 6:30 est hawaii has no power or phones tsunami about 1 hour out

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
I am thinking of you all please check in when you can. I am so sorry this is happening.

Torty Mom

5 Year Member
Bakersfield, California
Holy crap!! I hope you guys are all ok!! I am so worried. My whole family is glued to the TV. Mel and Paul and everyone else I hope you and your families are safe!! We are thinking about you!!

Status
Not open for further replies.