8.9 Magnitude Earthquake hits Japan, Hawaii under Tsunami Warning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angi

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
La Mesa, CA.
Wishing all in Hawaii well and praying for you. And please let us know how you are as soon as you are able.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Let's not forget all our members in Japan where this all started. I hope all our members and their loved ones are safe.

I dislike every time I hear about some weather troubles or even major accidents, fires, shootings, whatever because with each site or forum you belong to, you add that many more folks to your base of people you know (and often learn to care a great deal about) and it gets so there is always somebody you know who may be in danger. It just makes the whole world so much smaller.

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Horrible feeling to wake up to terrible world news. Everyone that is touched by this horrible disaster are in my thoughts and prayers.

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
our entire West coast on watch, I have a cousin in Hawaii, and New Zealand... they are all watching and waiting..
and friends in japan.. Sister has done Exchange students.. no news yet...

spikethebest

10 Year Member!
Southern California
Here are some pics from Japan....

25tgdfl.jpg

qobyfc.jpg

sffeza.jpg

2j44ylx.jpg

16m22va.jpg

2dtazqd.jpg

29wwuib.jpg

wtjde0.jpg

2jcf0c9.jpg

2emq4bl.jpg

fm3xw6.jpg

15yw5ch.jpg

orsbch.jpg

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
I am so worried about you west coasters, it is all I have been thinking about.

Thanks for all the info Onarock, Hope you are safe.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Geez Louise! I guess I'd better climb out of my cave and turn on the TV. This is awful! I surely hope everyone is ok.

onarock

5 Year Member
Hawaii
Maui got hit the hardest, but as far as I know all is well. I think it will take a day or two to get things back to normal. Thanks everybody for the concern. Aloha

Tortuga_terrestre

10 Year Member!
Southern California
Man, Cory was just recently in Japan... Did this earthquake effect the whole country?? Or parts of it??? California is just as vulnerable.. were on the ring of fire..

Balboa

5 Year Member
PNW
The wife and I been thinking about you and your family Paul, glad to hear all is well.

Guess we know why momma leopard stopped eh?

This gives us a little vision of what's to come. I live in an earthquake zone near water as well, (and volcanoes). I'm not sure you could ever be prepared enough for that.

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
Balboa said:
The wife and I been thinking about you and your family Paul, glad to hear all is well.

Guess we know why momma leopard stopped eh?

This gives us a little vision of what's to come. I live in an earthquake zone near water as well, (and volcanoes). I'm not sure you could ever be prepared enough for that.
Me too Paul, I fiqured you were maybe surfing, :D, just kidding, glad all is well....Greg.

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
Wow those pictures are devastating...unbelievable
I'm glad our forum members are safe.

Torty Mom

5 Year Member
Bakersfield, California
Mel has checked in yet I am worried about her (uilani104)!!! My boss is vacationing there in Hawaii, she arrived there yesterday morning. We got word that she and her husband were evacuated from their hotel and taken inland. Have not heard from her since. We are worried sick. I have sent her a text message. UGH!

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
Glad you are okay Onarock. I hope we hear from our other Hawian members soon. Remember the young girl that was a tort keeper. I can't remember her name. I think she was 13 or 14 has anyone heard from her? San Diego is fine. I don't even think the beach was evacuated.

uilani104

5 Year Member
Hawaii
Sorry Mary Anne meant to check in earlier, everyone is okay :D
Hope your boss is okay!! Which island is she vacationing on?
thought I'd share what happened in Kailua-Kona...not as bad as Japan but still...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91Wh0_yNJhc
Torty Mom said:
Mel has checked in yet I am worried about her (uilani104)!!! My boss is vacationing there in Hawaii, she arrived there yesterday morning. We got word that she and her husband were evacuated from their hotel and taken inland. Have not heard from her since. We are worried sick. I have sent her a text message. UGH!

Torty Mom

5 Year Member
Bakersfield, California
Yay Mel, I was worried about you!! Glad you are ok!! Do you need anything? How is your family? No word from my boss Kathie yet. We got one text from her saying they were ok, but nothing more. I hope she can continue her vacation, she is a super sweet lady!

uilani104

5 Year Member
Hawaii
Family is okay, and no I don't need anything...thank you! :) Are you near the ocean? I watched CNN and they aired some footage of California. OOh did you hear from your boss yet other than that text message?
Torty Mom said:
Yay Mel, I was worried about you!! Glad you are ok!! Do you need anything? How is your family? No word from my boss Kathie yet. We got one text from her saying they were ok, but nothing more. I hope she can continue her vacation, she is a super sweet lady!

Status
Not open for further replies.