8month check in of Rosie/Rocky

JohnBoy1

5 Year Member
Well it's been 8mo the since I posted a picture of rocky, he used to be Rosie till he proved me wrong. He is doing great and growing like a weed with tons of great growth. He is a permanent member of are family and a great friend.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    834.7 KB · Views: 90

JohnBoy1

5 Year Member
Here he is the day I rescued him from his old family a year ago.

About 4 from what I was told when we got him. The previous owner said he was around 3 when we got him. He was little when I got him about 8" I would say but from then on out he has become quite the big guy now. Rough 10" as of now. Thank you very much also.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    337 KB · Views: 71

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Human heating pads are not safe for tortoises, you need to get those cords up and out of tortoise reach, and those clamps always fail, so your light needs to be secured properly.

Are you using some sort of fresh UV bulb? Does he get regular sunshine? Looks like you have the on set of MBD in the one pic.

Not trying to hurt your feelings. Just trying to help your tort.

JohnBoy1

5 Year Member
Tom the first pic is him now, the second one with the heating pad and coil bulb is when I picked him like I said in the post. He now eats greens, grass, mazuri and chopped hay mixed in his mazuri along with soaks every other day with a power sun bulb in his house. And a Che 100watt.