Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Inland Empire, CA
Entering Show (click on pic to enlarge)

Elongated

Marginated

Yellowfoots

Two Heads are better than one? Owner said both heads are functioning and he is eating with both.

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Really nice pics Robyn :D
It must have been so fun to go there, I wish I could go to a reptile show that huge :D.
Thanks for sharing.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I wish there were reptile shows here in the Central Valley. It would take a 5 or 6 hour drive for me to get to a show in SoCal, and I'm just too barn sour to embark on something like that.

Yvonne

REDFOOTMATT

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Today is my birthday!
CA
emysemys said:
I wish there were reptile shows here in the Central Valley. It would take a 5 or 6 hour drive for me to get to a show in SoCal, and I'm just too barn sour to embark on something like that.

Yvonne

You're not to far from Sacramento are you Yvonne? We have the show every September at the Convention Center.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
REDFOOTMATT said:
You're not to far from Sacramento are you Yvonne? We have the show every September at the Convention Center.

You're not talking about Turtlerama are you? That's not near the quality of the show in SoCal. I've been to Turtlerama a couple of times. Its nice, but not big.

Yvonne

REDFOOTMATT

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Today is my birthday!
CA
emysemys said:
REDFOOTMATT said:

You're not talking about Turtlerama are you? That's not near the quality of the show in SoCal. I've been to Turtlerama a couple of times. Its nice, but not big.

Yvonne

I've never been to the turtlerama,when's that. The Annual Rep show is put on by upscalereptiles.com They never have enough Torts for me though.

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
This show was much smaller than the big one in Anahiem but all the shows I've been too seem to have more snakes, lizards and arachnids than torts or turtles. I did find that the prices on the torts at the Pomona show seemed high. The two lowest prices were two 4 1/2 inch RES for $6.00 and sully hatchlings for $59.00 most of the other torts were in the upper 100s and up. And they had the same Egyptians that I saw at the Anahiem show (the group were $4500.00). But non the less it was fun.

maevamichelle

5 Year Member
Los Angeles
I drove from Utah to visit family for the holidays and luckily was able to attend the show! (picked up my first tortoise) I had been waiting to attend to find our first perfect pet. A baby Leopard named Ookini Ticktock Aspidochelone Hollingsworth >.> yeah everyone had to name him.
Oh that 2 headed beardy was ticketed at $6,000.00, just a little fact I thought was 'wow' worthy^^
Was great to see so many people there and start to immerse ourselves into the Tortoise society.

REDFOOTMATT

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Today is my birthday!
CA
maevamichelle said:
I drove from Utah to visit family for the holidays and luckily was able to attend the show! (picked up my first tortoise) I had been waiting to attend to find our first perfect pet. A baby Leopard named Ookini Ticktock Aspidochelone Hollingsworth >.> yeah everyone had to name him.
Oh that 2 headed beardy was ticketed at $6,000.00, just a little fact I thought was 'wow' worthy^^
Was great to see so many people there and start to immerse ourselves into the Tortoise society.

Who would pay $6000.00 for an animal that probably won't survive too long? Wow is right!

Shanna

5 Year Member
Riverside, CA
I don't think I got such a view of the two-headed one, it was really crowded around it. Don't have a picture of it anyway.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
REDFOOTMATT said:
I've never been to the turtlerama,when's that. The Annual Rep show is put on by upscalereptiles.com They never have enough Torts for me though.

I believe its in August every year at the Belle Cooley (??) library. Its put on by the Sacramento Turtle & Tortoise club.

Yvonne

Status
Not open for further replies.