A major problem with my tortoise (pink colored organ came out))

StuMac

5 Year Member
You have a dude there!! Slash was the same. Originally called Peaches, I got a flash one day and that was it...he's now a MAN!! He flashed me yesterday whilst peeing in his water, then left it out for a while in the water....guess he just liked the feeling of water in his man-parts.

zardeo70

5 Year Member
Wow, I don't think I've ever seen Frankie do that. I'm glad I know though. Otherwise probably would have scared me :p

Sarah Ashley

Kim444

5 Year Member
Well now I have a question. Mr.T flashed me and I assumed it was a boy, BUT it looked like a pink pencil, meaning it came to a point at the end, did not have that extra flared looking part at the end of it, could Mr. T be a girl?

Jabuticaba

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Winnipeg, MB
Please if you know how to prevent. Please tell me before it gets worse like the video you uploaded . And remember sadly where I live there aren't any vets which know about them!!!
If you have a male tortoise, what you saw in the video is completely normal tortoise sexual behaviour. It cannot and should not be prevented.

May, Aussies, & Hermannis
IG: @AUSSOMEAUSSIES

Jabuticaba

5 Year Member
Winnipeg, MB
Well now I have a question. Mr.T flashed me and I assumed it was a boy, BUT it looked like a pink pencil, meaning it came to a point at the end, did not have that extra flared looking part at the end of it, could Mr. T be a girl?
Good question, Kim. How big is Mr T?

May, Aussies, & Hermannis
IG: @AUSSOMEAUSSIES

Kim444

5 Year Member
Last I checked him, maybe 2 months ago he was 550 grams and 5-1/4 inches. He is a golden greek, almost 4 years old

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Last I checked him, maybe 2 months ago he was 550 grams and 5-1/4 inches. He is a golden greek, almost 4 years old

That is his penis. It is normal for them to do that. You have nothing to worry about unless it doesn't retract. It is most common for them to do that while excreting or during their soaks.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
It's a boy!

Attachments

• 1409715718539.jpg
    1409715718539.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 34

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
OH, USA
I never even knew torts/turtles could do such a thing haha! (only if they want too! :rolleyes: ) Just going off claws/shell/tail for sexing is good enough for me, though... :D To be honest that would freak me out :D :p

Tactical Tort

5 Year Member
Northern CA
I never even knew torts/turtles could do such a thing haha! (only if they want too! :rolleyes: ) Just going off claws/shell/tail for sexing is good enough for me, though... :D To be honest that would freak me out :D :p

Lol! I didn't either until I started reading on this forum.
My torts to young/small to actually sex but when he flashed me that settled that! It caught me off guard but I knew instantly he was a boy.
I work in livestock and specialize in reproduction. It's common for me to see "flashing" all the time ;) Now even by my tortoise! :D lol!