A question about behavior

Status
Not open for further replies.

bawksbawks

5 Year Member
Every time I pick up Darwin i rub him lightly on the head with my finger. At first as suspected he withdrew into his shell. Later he just kept his head still and didn't withdraw. Today when I did it he actually raised up his head to my finger and pushed against it, kind of like when you scratch a cat behind the ear. Is this a sign of aggression or does he actually like this?

Merlin M

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Edinburgh, Scotland
Both of mine are happy to be stroked, if they didn't I would think they would put their head in... one like under the chin, the other the top of the head... one of mine is so friendly she will climb into my hand, the other is getting there I think...but sometimes if they are hungry they will try and eat me...

bawksbawks

5 Year Member
Hahah yeah I feed him out of my hand a lot and he hates it when I don't! He'll just stare at me for awhile if I stop.

Niki

5 Year Member
Mine seems to like it when I rub the top of her head. She actually pushes her little head harder against my finger! She is quite social, doesn't retract into shell often.

M

Maggie Cummings

It's a sign he likes it...but don't feed him from your hand as he could try and bite you as an adult. They get confused about your hand being food...

Status
Not open for further replies.