Not open for further replies.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
I was looking ahead to see when the next birthday is, and saw "Tortoise Mommy" 's birthday is coming up. I hadn't met Tortoise Mommy, so I looked at her profile. She hasn't posted since Dec. '07, but I looked at the old thread where she posted.

I have to admit, the Tortoise Forum has come a very long way in just two years. I think we have excellent members with much good information now.

I thought it would be a good idea to give you all the chance to read this old thread and take a look at a very good (or bad) example of pyramiding and metabolic bone disease. I closed the thread so no one would be tempted to say anything bad about the old replies. Just read it and look at the pictures, and thank the tortoise god that we have what we now have!

http://tortoiseforum.org/thread-7.html

Yvonne

reptylefreek

5 Year Member
Seatac, Washington
Very interesting... every one seemed so interested in introducing themselves they completely looked over this poor tort. I think that is one of the worst cases I have ever seen. And it doesn't seem like these guys stayed around either. Did alot of the first joiners quit using the forum? That was a weird flashback

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
reptylefreek said:
Did alot of the first joiners quit using the forum? That was a weird flashback

Yes, in looking back at the forum members that were with the forum at its inception, there are only a very few names that I recognize. Most of them have not been back in a very long while.

Yvonne

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
I wonder how their tortoises are doing now. That one picture made me cringe--it was the first time I've seen a tortoise with worse pyramiding that Taco's. I am thanking the tortoise god for that!

Still, I would like to contact those people and ask if their tortoises are otherwise healthy or whether they have problems caused by the pyramiding. I really need to know.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Yes, I'm wondering too how that poor deformed sulcata is doing. I see no reason not to try to contact them. Maybe we can bring them back "into the fold" with a few PM's.

Yvonne

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
I have sent PM's and Emails to quite a few of the old gang (so to speak) and few have ever answered back. Most either dropped off the forum and therefore do not get PMs or Emails. and few listed personal or optional email addresses. So if you decide to PM or email them please do not be disappointed if they do not respond.

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
Nevertheless, I will try. I just wished Tortoise Mommy a happy birthday, so maybe she'll respond!;)

I also PM'd the two posters who posted those horrendous photos of their deformed rescues.:(

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I may be a little confused but is anyone here blaming them for their tort's condition? I mean if they were rescues then they were most likely that way when they got them, and BTW that one pic of that very very flat tort is very very sad.

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
Not at all. I just want to find out if their tortoises' improved care has resulted in some healthy new shell growth, as that is my goal for Taco.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.