A Single Torte

Status
Not open for further replies.

LadyV

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Winslow AZ
I have a 5 year old Russian, Bella. I have had her for about a year (the one that missing after moving cross country last fall) Is preferable to keep a single Torte, or should she have a buddy?

herpgirl24

5 Year Member
Michigan
If you do decide to get another, be prepared for them not getting along. I just got another Russian and although both came from houses where they were housed with other torts, they hate each other. Now I get to spend the day reconfiguring the tort table so that they stay seperate. I knew this was a possibility and would not have gotten the second Russian if I did not have room for them to be seperated.

Tortoises do not get lonley. As long as you are providing great care then Bella will be perfectly content alone.

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
They do good solo. They do not need a buddy, unless you want to breed them.

LadyV

5 Year Member
Winslow AZ
Great....I can't imagine loving another one as much as her

bikerchicspain

5 Year Member
spain
Torts normally live alone and only get together when mating.
My Henri has been in my group for 3years and I have had to put him in solitary because he just wants to hump everything that moves, which include a male and a yearling.

Most of mine get along, but they have been together for a while, I did have a female that kept getting rammed by Mini, so I had to put her up for adoption.:(

shiwolfe

5 Year Member
sunny southern Colorado
I was actually wondering the same thing, so it's good to know. Just one more great thing about these pets in my opinion. Many of them take up enough space on their own without having to add a buddy :)

Status
Not open for further replies.