Addition to Existing Pen

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
NJ
We have decided to build new pens for the various box turtles so that we can give the entire existing pen for the sulcatas.

This one houses my 3-toeds. We will be adding two more down the side and another in the back. We did hinged lids for easy access.

DSC08860.jpg

DSC08859.jpg

This pic shows the addition in upper right hand corner.

DSC08861.jpg

M

Maggie Cummings

That's just awesome, I wish I had that kind of room...and a hubby carpenter to build stuff for me...good job! Nice pictures...

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ
Thanks Jobe and Maggie! I love having a hubby for a carpenter! He can just whip things out so fast. The whole addition with the hinged tops and all was done in a matter of 2 or 3 hours.

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ
Thanks Debbie. I am located in NJ.

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Wow Dee
You and your hubby are king and Queen of the tortoises enclosure in woods :D
Amazing enclosure, it must have taken you a lot of times to build that. Wow, it looks like you have a big yard, lucky you and lucy turts and torts :D
Thanks for sharing.

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ
Thanks Isa! We are very lucky to have a lot of space. Our yard itself is not that large but we have about 5 acres of woods we own behind our house. That is the beginning of the woods you see in our pictures.

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
jlyoncc1 said:
Thanks Isa! We are very lucky to have a lot of space. Our yard itself is not that large but we have about 5 acres of woods we own behind our house. That is the beginning of the woods you see in our pictures.

5 acres, wow lucky you, that is huge :)

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Dee I thought the large pen you two built was a wonder but I love the additions you have made. Keep this up and you might have to rent hubby out to build us all pens, air plane flight included in price. ;) Great job it looks wonderful. How are the Sullys doing. I think of Squirt often.

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ
Thanks Robyn! I am sure if John could make a living doing pens, he would jump at the chance. We have a lot of fun figuring out how we are going to design things that are cost effective and look nice. The sullys are doing great. Squirt has really grown. I didn't really realize it until I had her outside. When the weather gets better and she is out again I will post updated pics.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Wow, Dee...wow!!!! 5 acre's? I would spend my days in the woods....so peaceful and beautiful. Even in the winter it must be so beautiful. Sometimes we make a lunch and go in the woods near a big pond where I live and just sit there by a tree..my grandson and I. Your pens are great!

Status
Not open for further replies.