Adopted Gulf Coast

Eric Phillips

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Ohio
So, I recently went through the process of adopting a Gulf Coast Box Turtle through Central MS Turtle Rescue...this one was chewed up a bit by a dog but otherwise healthy. I had to make a few extra changes to my enclosures as they have strict rules for their adoption process(which is understood) but with no adoption fee, I didn’t mind. FYI, there are plenty of box turtles ready to be adopted including 5 other Gulf Coasts. Meet Flo...IMG_2366.jpgIMG_2367.jpg

mark1

5 Year Member
ohio
you often see quite a variety of gulf coast box turtles ..... the ones you have seem pretty distinct ?

Eric Phillips

5 Year Member
Ohio
you often see quite a variety of gulf coast box turtles ..... the ones you have seem pretty distinct ?

Predominantly, the group of Gulf Coasts I’ve been trying to assemble over the last year and half are bloodlines from around the Florida panhandle. This adopted one was displaced, found in Mississippi near the Gulf of Mexico. As you can tell, I like my Gulfs alittle on the darker side...

Heres one I truly can’t wait to see in a few years...this one has some serious marginal scute flare already!IMG_1981.jpgIMG_1983.jpg