ADULT Black Cherry .......

Status
Not open for further replies.

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Ok ... so here is an adult Female 10" Black cherry ......hummmm wonder where that *new* black gene code came from eh?.....lol~ Its been a long held secret ..ya think?:p
d12.jpg
d9.jpg
SZblk.jpg
39-1.jpg

d10.jpg

'''''Yea Iam talking to you """" :D

JD~:shy:

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Cadillac, Michigan
She is beautiful, JD. She does have a LOT more red on her than mine, and also has yellow scute centers, which mine does not, just more like tiny dots.

KristinasPictures009.jpg

See how black the legs are? That is what I really like about mine.

KristinasPictures011.jpg

She has only one black scale on each front leg

KristinasPictures41303.jpg

I would really like to see what happens when two of these dark Cherryheads are bred together. An all-black variety would be really, really neat.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
But what is a redfoot, if it doesn't have any red on it's foot? Doesn't that take away from what makes them so special? Guys I think your black redfoots are beautiful, but I see the same thing happening here that has happened in every major reptile group people keep and breed. Do we really need designer tortoises?

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Jacqui said:
But what is a redfoot, if it doesn't have any red on it's foot? Doesn't that take away from what makes them so special? Guys I think your black redfoots are beautiful, but I see the same thing happening here that has happened in every major reptile group people keep and breed. Do we really need designer tortoises?

Actually...a redfoot is the name of the species. NOT an Individual tort....and to confuse this further is the debate of RF and cherrys being or not being the same species. As far as designer torts ...yea ...Its human nature to have something different or special ,rather it be status or just an individual statement not running with the norm , to each their own. ( I could say the same thing about having kids....why more than one? ) As far as a business or selling point , yes desinger ANYTHING " DESINGER" fetches more money ...( just look at your shoes).
For me .... I love the different colors and "looks' of the so called desinger animals. Because in nature they would be easy prey and not exist long, therefore not passing down that " special gene" to produce more like them ....., doesnt mean they shouldnt exist in private collections.

JD~:D

Kristina said:
She is beautiful, JD. She does have a LOT more red on her than mine, and also has yellow scute centers, which mine does not, just more like tiny dots.

I would really like to see what happens when two of these dark Cherryheads are bred together. An all-black variety would be really, really neat.

Very nice Kristina' ....dark lil booger for sure!....as far as the female pic above her scute centers are actually white..
( wierd huh ) ... not yellow.....;)

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
The white spot on top of the head is unique as well. I wasn't sure if she was really that light or if the flash was washing her out.

Status
Not open for further replies.