Adult P.pardalis babcocki cross?

Leo1986

5 Year Member
Anyone have any hybrids that are adults (or close to it). I'm trying to figure out what to expect outta my hybrid. I know it will vary depending on how much of each species he's got. It's an excuse for you to post a picture if you have one ;) ImageUploadedByTortForum1383271215.443466.jpg

Ps are the small white spots growth between the scutes?? I rubbed them to make sure they were calcium powder ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Yes, looks like new growth too me. There a couple members, but I'm not sure they post much or if they still have them.

BeeBee*BeeLeaves

5 Year Member
Orange County, So Cal
Cute little one. Roly poly darling. I cannot post pics of mine at the moment, will try later date. Outta town and my pics are at home. Mine are mixed, 3/4 GPP and 1/4 GPB. I have three and they are all completely distinct in growth and personality. One is growing super fast - same care for all - but he is blasting, growth wise and he zips back and forth like a banshee, he is my hyper child. Another is very laid back, and basically eats, soaks, sleeps and poops. Very chill. My oldest is 9 months and is also my smallest and he's my everyday worry. I am constantly wondering if his lack of growth means hatchling failure syndrome up ahead. He eats less, poops less and is just slow motion. My zippy one has a shell that is a work of art. It's growth is amazing and the white then black has happened twice now. Second one is just barely starting to get the white growth coming in, barely and he is but one month younger. The oldest looks the same as when I got him. He is 9 months. The others are 6 and 5 months. The 6 month hyper one is 3 times larger than the 5 month old. So basically, what I am observing with mine is this, and I have said this on other threads: Leopards are like a box of chocolates, ya never know whatcha gonna get. (Love ya Forrest Gump). And I think more so with the you really know they are hybrid ones. My three are so completely different one from the other that I have to say there is no static in looks, growth or personality. But ... Love. Them.All! A lot. : )

And duh. I just read that you wanted info about adults. Sorry. Travelling and I missed that. But I will leave my answer up anyhow since there are a lot of baby owners out there and might be good information for fellow leopard hosts.

Leo1986

5 Year Member
BeeBee*BeeLeaves said:
Cute little one. Roly poly darling. I cannot post pics of mine at the moment, will try later date. Outta town and my pics are at home. Mine are mixed, 3/4 GPP and 1/4 GPB. I have three and they are all completely distinct in growth and personality. One is growing super fast - same care for all - but he is blasting, growth wise and he zips back and forth like a banshee, he is my hyper child. Another is very laid back, and basically eats, soaks, sleeps and poops. Very chill. My oldest is 9 months and is also my smallest and he's my everyday worry. I am constantly wondering if his lack of growth means hatchling failure syndrome up ahead. He eats less, poops less and is just slow motion. My zippy one has a shell that is a work of art. It's growth is amazing and the white then black has happened twice now. Second one is just barely starting to get the white growth coming in, barely and he is but one month younger. The oldest looks the same as when I got him. He is 9 months. The others are 6 and 5 months. The 6 month hyper one is 3 times larger than the 5 month old. So basically, what I am observing with mine is this, and I have said this on other threads: Leopards are like a box of chocolates, ya never know whatcha gonna get. (Love ya Forrest Gump). And I think more so with the you really know they are hybrid ones. My three are so completely different one from the other that I have to say there is no static in looks, growth or personality. But ... Love. Them.All! A lot. : )

And duh. I just read that you wanted info about adults. Sorry. Travelling and I missed that. But I will leave my answer up anyhow since there are a lot of baby owners out there and might be good information for fellow leopard hosts.

That is so awesome! They are all so different. I can't wait to see pictures... Do have other threads that may have them?

Even though they aren't adults they are older than mine :D

BeeBee*BeeLeaves

5 Year Member
Orange County, So Cal
This is the super tiny one, that is also the oldest one. I had posted to show that the little does yoga in the morning after his/her daily soak and poop. Such a Zen little one. Too Zen. Not growing. When I get the other two up, you will be amazed at the difference. The lid is a Grassland lid. That's how itty.

Soak your baby and follow the warm and humid methods that Tom's threads have laid out nicely for us. It is really necessary, in my opinion. I, the non expert, believe that the humidity supports the development of their system after the egg, if you will. Chinese medicine, which I believe in, the old traditional thousands of years old one, says this: support the liver, support the kidneys. Most important things. That being said, if you look at pics of leopards in the wild, they can be seen in savannahs, lotsa grasses, little pools of water. I think it helps. Spa time is aha time. Warm and cozy. I say 4Hs, hot and humid = happy and healthy. : )

The yellow/white lines are probably your growth lines. But be patient. Some experts believe slow growth is good. I actually worry about BamBamBambini growing a little too fast. Oops. I think this answer was for your other thread about growth. I am zoning today. Travel, rain, miss my tortoises and garden. You understand. Loopy!

Attachments

• Baby BeePee YogaStretch.jpg
    Baby BeePee YogaStretch.jpg
    466.5 KB · Views: 60