Advice needed on found turtle!

KelseyDimock

Just trying to figure out the best course of care for this lil guy ( or girl) . A friend found her in her driveway, is certain it belong to someone at some point due to the whole and ring. Her shell looks really beat up. She is currently at my house, set up outside. Any advise on what my next steps should be would be appreciated. I have been doing loads of research on care/food/habitat. I believe its a box turtle of some sort ( three toed?) . Thanks much in advance!!!

P.s. no neighbors came forth yet.

20170707_130020.jpg 20170707_125941.jpg

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Yeah good thing it got away from whoever drilled the hole it its shell . Here in Houston I built a 8/8 enclosure . Made a little water hole and hides outside . In winter I fill the whole thing with leaves and cover with a tarp to keep them warm and dry . As for food leafy greens, fruits like berries,worms, grilled or boiled chicken .

sam foster

If you plan on keeping it make sure you have a large open area with a little pool Google what kind of food it eats and get it some filtered water to drink I currently have my turtle in a kiddie pool