Advice on hibernation

Status
Not open for further replies.

karleyreed

5 Year Member
I have a baby western herman who is under 1 year old and do not wish to hibernate him, can any1 give me advice as to how to stop this from happening?

ascott

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Apple Valley, California
Well, for such a young one (and if you are choosing to not let him brumate, which I understand at this young age) it would be rather simple :)P) just keep his world "business as usual" keep lighting as usual, keep heating as usual, food offerings, warm water soaks---essentially since he is this young you are going to try to convince his evolutionary clock under wraps until perhaps next year or so...

karleyreed

5 Year Member
Thankyou. I've read that hibernation, if not done correctly, can be fatal so I'm a bit weary on doing it at all. I've been told the pros and cons to both, what's your opinion on this?

ascott

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Apple Valley, California
Well....lol, I am going to attach a prior thread here...I am doing this so that you can get some insight onto a number of opinions...and just how heated this particular topic can be---passion and opinion--a great mix that will give you alot of opinions and some great information (and an occasional stab or two that should not be taken personal...lol)

http://www.tortoiseforum.org/thread-38255.html#axzz29F4rA8Mr

Status
Not open for further replies.