Advice on moving

Lydia

Hello,

I have a seven year old Greek tortoise and am moving across the country next month. The airline I had originally chosen does not allow tortoises. Are there any airlines that do or does anyone have recommendations on how to move him?

Unfortunately I do not have a car at the moment and cannot drive him.

Thank you

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 11

G-stars

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Many breeders ship their babies to the new homes and they arrive just fine. Just one thing you can look into. Try overnight shipping by FedEx. There are threads here on how to ship a live Tortoises correctly, if you had any interest in that.

— Gus

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
Yep, ship him there overnight.

You can get everything ready before you go, then maybe a friend staying behind can ship it to you after you arrive?
Or, ship him before you go if you have someone in the new area that can watch him till you get there.

Sign up with shipyourreptiles.com and it's really a piece of cake. I've recieved turtles and shipped out 2 myself.

deadheadvet

10 Year Member!
Cary, NC
You will need to order a insulated box, heat packs prior to shipping. You will need to pack the tortoise in either a plastic container big enough to hold the tortoise with holes to fit in the box or order a cloth bag big enough to fit the tortoise into that fits inside the correct size insulated box. You can talk to Debbie at reptilesexpress.com for help in picking the right size of everything including shipping.

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
OH, USA
LLLReptile sells hot/cold packs in case where he's flying is very hot/cold. :) I hope it all goes well!!!