Aggie's new home...before and after :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

akp022

5 Year Member
I have finally found the wood to build Aggie's new home and we have set a date to build it (this Friday!); but before I start it I have a few questions...I will be using a new substrate and I was wondering would it be best to use just coconut fiber (coir) or mix it with soil? Also, I definitely wanna buy some plants; Aggie is a basically full grown Greek Tortoise (~6") and I was curious about how many/what kinds of plants would be good for him? I will be posting pics when it is finished...I'm pretty excited, however a bit worried because Aggie hates change and probably will not adjust to this well for a while...

akp022

5 Year Member
Any suggestions on substrate? Also what types of plants/grasses should I add?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Either coconut coir or dirt, either a good choice. For plants, look on tortoisetable.org, lots of choices

akp022

5 Year Member
image-405395664.pngimage-4274917099.pngimage-200912602.pngimage-1975438034.pngimage-284699741.pngimage-558146454.png
It is ALMOST done...I just need to add substrate and some decorations/plants, any suggestions for materials to use to cover half of the top? Let me know what ya think...Aggie's pretty happy :)

Last edited by a moderator:

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southwest Washington
Pic links don't work for me.
Try uploading to Tinypic or photobucket. Then you copy the IMG link and paste onto into your thread.

coir + organic topsoil or coir or topsoil will work for your Greek.
Barb's link above will give information about house plants that work in an inside enclosure, or garden plants if outside.
Spider plants are nice, (like a 'grass'), or aloe, prayer plant, christmas cactus.

Status
Not open for further replies.