Albino T+ Stigmochelys pardalis(With Pic)

zovick

10 Year Member!
Hi, here's picture and video of Albino T+ Stigmochelys pardalis. This particular morph is pretty rare for me to encounter, for past 2 years i only saw some Hypomelanistics but i never encounter albino T+ morph before.Video of S. Pardalis albinoView attachment 339685View attachment 339686View attachment 339687
I cannot tell if the eyes are red or not from the photos. If the eyes are not actually red, then a tortoise is not a true albino and should be called something else in order to be accurately described. This morph seems to look like the "Ivory sulcatas" which are similar to the albino sulcatas but lack the red eyes and are not as light in color overall. If the eyes are dark, perhaps these should best be named "Ivory Leopards".

Do you own these two tortoises? Or their parents?

Stevenlo1996

Location (City and/or State)
California
I cannot tell if the eyes are red or not from the photos. If the eyes are not actually red, then a tortoise is not a true albino and should be called something else in order to be accurately described. This morph seems to look like the "Ivory sulcatas" which are similar to the albino sulcatas but lack the red eyes and are not as light in color overall. If the eyes are dark, perhaps these should best be named "Ivory Leopards".

Do you own these two tortoises? Or their parents?
Yes, it have ruby eyes when reflected to the light, to my understanding ivory is another name of albino T+, i own these two tortoises along with another 12 hypomelanistic S. Pardalis and suspect hypererystic S. Pardalis. I did not own the parent ??

Last edited:

biochemnerd808

10 Year Member!
Central Arkansas (we moved!)
Yes, it have ruby eyes when reflected to the light, to my understanding ivory is another name of albino T+, i own these two tortoises along with another 12 hypomelanistic S. Pardalis and suspect hypererystic S. Pardalis. I did not own the parent ??
Interesting! Do you have photos of the others?
I wonder, do albino tortoises get sunburn?

I've always been a fan of the really dark ones. Would love to see the suspected hypermelanistic one. The tricky thing in leopard tortoises, especially SPP, is that their appearance can change completely as they grow. Wait a few months and tge supposed extra dark tortoise may pop some wide white new growth!

Stevenlo1996

California
Interesting! Do you have photos of the others?
I wonder, do albino tortoises get sunburn?

I've always been a fan of the really dark ones. Would love to see the suspected hypermelanistic one. The tricky thing in leopard tortoises, especially SPP, is that their appearance can change completely as they grow. Wait a few months and tge supposed extra dark tortoise may pop some wide white new growth!
Hi, its not hypermelanistic, but it is suspect of hypererystic, it is a condition where melanin produce red pigment more than it suppose to be

PS: dont mind the erythophores, i made mistake when i add words on the graphic ?‍♂️?‍♂️

Attachments

• IMG-20220206-WA0091.jpg
    IMG-20220206-WA0091.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 14
Last edited: