Aldabra Incubation/Care

tortoiseplanet

Location (City and/or State)
Earth
I’m debating whether to get a male/female Aldabra or Radiated. The breeder I’m getting them from will also include 3 fertile eggs with each tortoise. So I will get 6 eggs total. I’m going to make two different threads one for Aldabra Incubation and one for Radiated, just to not mix things up.
My first question is incubation: the breeder said they will included dvd instructions but I want your opinions too! So my first simple question is at what temp and humidity should the Aldabra eggs be kept at? Also any advice/links to care sheets for hatchlings would be awesome. If anyone wants to throw out any other helpful info for the med size adults, hatchlings, or incubation process that would be awesome since I’m completely new to this!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Not for the incubation but for the help in deciding between Aldabra or Radiated, where are you located?
Also, are you sure this is a reputable person to purchase from and not a scammer? Just asking because it doesn't sound right, never heard of anyone including eggs and because both those species are very expensive to just be giving away eggs within the purchase of a tort.
Btw, unless it's an adult tortoise or they have medically had them sexed, there is no way of tells my the sex until at least 3 years and usually much older then that.

tortoiseplanet

Earth
Not for the incubation but for the help in deciding between Aldabra or Radiated, where are you located?
Also, are you sure this is a reputable person to purchase from and not a scammer? Just asking because it doesn't sound right, never heard of anyone including eggs and because both those species are very expensive to just be giving away eggs within the purchase of a tort.
Btw, unless it's an adult tortoise or they have medically had them sexed, there is no way of tells my the sex until at least 3 years and usually much older then that.

Have you ever heard of Fola Renard?
I’m in South Orange County, CA.

tortoiseplanet

Earth
These are the emails between us:

Hello Dylan,
Thanks for your interest in our beautiful tortoise, I am an Approved Breeder of Sulcata, Aldabra and Radiated Tortoises and I run a Reptiles Farm. We currently have 60 babies ready to get a new home.

We do have 12 adult females and 10 adult males to go. All of my females are 100% proven breeder, females are range between 24 1/2 " and 29 1/2 " large in size. One of the females usually lay between 3-5 times a year with last year a total of 308 eggs lay.

My sulcata tortoises cost $600 in respective of the sex, and a pair which is a male and female cost you $900, shipping to your location included to ship from the current location.

Our *Radiated tortoise* (Astrochelys radiata) A female is 15 " large in size and weighs 72 Ibs and the male is 17" large in size and weighs 91.5 Ibs. The Radiated tortoises cost $500 USD in respective of the sex, and a pair which is a male and female cost you $800, shipping to your location included to ship from the current location.

Aldabara Tortoise (Geochelone gigantea) is the world’s 2nd Largest Tortoise, male is 30 1/2 " large in size and weighs 205 lbs and female is 28'' large in size and weighs 182 lbs. females lay from 9 and 25 eggs in a shallow nest. Usually less than half of the eggs are fertile. Females can produce multiple clutches of eggs in a year. After incubating, the tiny tortoises hatch between October and December.

Our Aldabara tortoises cost $900 in respective of the sex, and a pair which is a male and female cost $1300, shipping to your location included to ship from the current location here.

All our tortoises are home raised ( bred) by me and my family and they are very healthy. They are shipped along side a health written document which guarantee our buyers and a document on their specific diet, which are very essential so as to maintain a healthy and strong shell.

Diet

Our tortoises are mostly herbivores. In the wild, they eat grass, leaves, plants, stems and other tasty weeds. They will also feed on insects and dead animals, even their own kind. In captivity they will eat grass, flowers, cactus pads, all sorts of leafy greens and commercial tortoise food. They also like fruit and melons.

They are going to be transported in a wooden crate. Our females at times enjoys to be hand fed. If you will be interested in getting a pair, then let me know exactly which airport is nearest to your residence so we could get on and begin arrangements for delivery.

When that is done you shall be notified with the details of the flight including tracking number of parcel online, departure and arrival time to enable you know exactly when to be at the airport for pick up. Vet certificate shall be coming along with the tortoises.

Sorry for the length of the mail, but i have just to give you every information about the transaction. hope to get back to you soonest.
sincere greetings waiting for a soonest reply
God bless you.

Me:
Hello,
I’m close to John Wayne airport. I’d like an Aldabra pair (male and female). How much does the male and female weigh that you will send me? Some photos would be great!
Same with radiated actually, I’m deciding between the two!
Thanks, Dylan.

Fola:
Hello Dylan,
Thanks for getting back to us, I want you to know these amazing tortoises are outgoing, very tame, and are among the most hardy of the pet tortoises, you must keep in mind that not only do they get large, but they grow relatively quickly, and are very powerful. They do get much larger than most owners can deal with.

Our Aldabra tortoises ranges from 16"inch " to 31" inch large in size and weigh 80 to 290Ibs are 100% healthy and do not carry infections bacteria or viruses that could adversely affect their health and which could be a threat to the health of any other tortoises you already own.

our tortoises will come with all documentary that enable delivery into John Wayne Airport is an international airport (SNA). and they are protected by CITES. The tortoises will come with all health papers and a health Guarantee for 1 year.

All of our tortoises have a complete written health guarantee! Which state that there are no symptoms of disease at the time of sale/shipping and that our tortoises are completely healthy and are all captive bred.

our Females are 100% proven breeder and nest between 3-5 times a year. For confirmation to the order, you will have to get back with your full contact address, and how long it takes to driver from airport to home address.

As soon as i have your information for delivery, i will take the tortoises to the delivery agency and get them register and make flight reservation for the tortoises. i will contact you when I’m through with flight reservation.

Also there is this amazing offer that goes with the tortoises. Each of our tortoise is accompanied alongside 3 fertile hatching eggs which we offer free, and If this is your first time, have no worries for we have DVD guide and hand outs to help you throughout the process of hatching the eggs.

A free handbook and DVD guide to get all beginners who have never breed before to breed without facing any problems. you will have no problem acquiring this amazing tortoise as pets or to breed.

We hand feed and all of our baby tortoise on only the finest quality diet available and an abundant amount of fresh fruits and vegetables. Along with our knowledgeable experienced, we take pride in socializing every tortoise in a loving caring environment.

We are here to help educate and assist in placing every tortoise in the right hands.

We are always available for any advice at any time, you are free to contact me any time for help on how to care with your tortoises.

So for this work out, the information below will be required for registration, shipment of the tortoises to the provided address as soon as you want them to be delivered to you.

Your full names:/.............
Contact address:/..............
Contact phone number:/..
State:/..................................
City:/...................................
Postal code:/..........................
I look forward for your delivery information.
Sincere greetings
Fola and family.
IMG_1521775460.138294.jpgIMG_1521775467.594207.jpgIMG_1521775478.314703.jpgIMG_1521775483.557966.jpgIMG_1521775489.883808.jpgIMG_1521775495.915545.jpgIMG_1521775501.589893.jpg

Last edited:

tortoiseplanet

Earth
This is a total scam. Please do not send any money to this person.

I wonder how he/she wants payment. I guess that will tell it all. If they accept PayPal goods and services that’s a thumbs up. It does seem a bit too good to be true. Let me find out...

tortoiseplanet

Earth
This is a typical scammer post. If you want to go through the trouble with PayPal. Go ahead. Those prices are way too cheap.

I’m with you there. I’m definitely not going to get scammed either way. I’ll let you know the next email from Fola.

Melis

Maryland
IMG_9197.PNG You can tell by the way it is written and the info given that it is def a scam. And then I went to google and typed "radiated tortoise group" and the first picture that popped up under images is the 3rd pic on your list. Please be diligent in your research with things that seem too good to be true

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
These are the emails between us:

Hello Dylan,
Thanks for your interest in our beautiful tortoise, I am an Approved Breeder of Sulcata, Aldabra and Radiated Tortoises and I run a Reptiles Farm. We currently have 60 babies ready to get a new home.

We do have 12 adult females and 10 adult males to go. All of my females are 100% proven breeder, females are range between 24 1/2 " and 29 1/2 " large in size. One of the females usually lay between 3-5 times a year with last year a total of 308 eggs lay.

My sulcata tortoises cost $600 in respective of the sex, and a pair which is a male and female cost you $900, shipping to your location included to ship from the current location.

Our *Radiated tortoise* (Astrochelys radiata) A female is 15 " large in size and weighs 72 Ibs and the male is 17" large in size and weighs 91.5 Ibs. The Radiated tortoises cost $500 USD in respective of the sex, and a pair which is a male and female cost you $800, shipping to your location included to ship from the current location.

Aldabara Tortoise (Geochelone gigantea) is the world’s 2nd Largest Tortoise, male is 30 1/2 " large in size and weighs 205 lbs and female is 28'' large in size and weighs 182 lbs. females lay from 9 and 25 eggs in a shallow nest. Usually less than half of the eggs are fertile. Females can produce multiple clutches of eggs in a year. After incubating, the tiny tortoises hatch between October and December.

Our Aldabara tortoises cost $900 in respective of the sex, and a pair which is a male and female cost $1300, shipping to your location included to ship from the current location here.

All our tortoises are home raised ( bred) by me and my family and they are very healthy. They are shipped along side a health written document which guarantee our buyers and a document on their specific diet, which are very essential so as to maintain a healthy and strong shell.

Diet

Our tortoises are mostly herbivores. In the wild, they eat grass, leaves, plants, stems and other tasty weeds. They will also feed on insects and dead animals, even their own kind. In captivity they will eat grass, flowers, cactus pads, all sorts of leafy greens and commercial tortoise food. They also like fruit and melons.

They are going to be transported in a wooden crate. Our females at times enjoys to be hand fed. If you will be interested in getting a pair, then let me know exactly which airport is nearest to your residence so we could get on and begin arrangements for delivery.

When that is done you shall be notified with the details of the flight including tracking number of parcel online, departure and arrival time to enable you know exactly when to be at the airport for pick up. Vet certificate shall be coming along with the tortoises.

Sorry for the length of the mail, but i have just to give you every information about the transaction. hope to get back to you soonest.
sincere greetings waiting for a soonest reply
God bless you.

Me:
Hello,
I’m close to John Wayne airport. I’d like an Aldabra pair (male and female). How much does the male and female weigh that you will send me? Some photos would be great!
Same with radiated actually, I’m deciding between the two!
Thanks, Dylan.

Fola:
Hello Dylan,
Thanks for getting back to us, I want you to know these amazing tortoises are outgoing, very tame, and are among the most hardy of the pet tortoises, you must keep in mind that not only do they get large, but they grow relatively quickly, and are very powerful. They do get much larger than most owners can deal with.

Our Aldabra tortoises ranges from 16"inch " to 31" inch large in size and weigh 80 to 290Ibs are 100% healthy and do not carry infections bacteria or viruses that could adversely affect their health and which could be a threat to the health of any other tortoises you already own.

our tortoises will come with all documentary that enable delivery into John Wayne Airport is an international airport (SNA). and they are protected by CITES. The tortoises will come with all health papers and a health Guarantee for 1 year.

All of our tortoises have a complete written health guarantee! Which state that there are no symptoms of disease at the time of sale/shipping and that our tortoises are completely healthy and are all captive bred.

our Females are 100% proven breeder and nest between 3-5 times a year. For confirmation to the order, you will have to get back with your full contact address, and how long it takes to driver from airport to home address.

As soon as i have your information for delivery, i will take the tortoises to the delivery agency and get them register and make flight reservation for the tortoises. i will contact you when I’m through with flight reservation.

Also there is this amazing offer that goes with the tortoises. Each of our tortoise is accompanied alongside 3 fertile hatching eggs which we offer free, and If this is your first time, have no worries for we have DVD guide and hand outs to help you throughout the process of hatching the eggs.

A free handbook and DVD guide to get all beginners who have never breed before to breed without facing any problems. you will have no problem acquiring this amazing tortoise as pets or to breed.

We hand feed and all of our baby tortoise on only the finest quality diet available and an abundant amount of fresh fruits and vegetables. Along with our knowledgeable experienced, we take pride in socializing every tortoise in a loving caring environment.

We are here to help educate and assist in placing every tortoise in the right hands.

We are always available for any advice at any time, you are free to contact me any time for help on how to care with your tortoises.

So for this work out, the information below will be required for registration, shipment of the tortoises to the provided address as soon as you want them to be delivered to you.

Your full names:/.............
Contact address:/..............
Contact phone number:/..
State:/..................................
City:/...................................
Postal code:/..........................
I look forward for your delivery information.
Sincere greetings
Fola and family.
View attachment 233919View attachment 233920View attachment 233921View attachment 233922View attachment 233923View attachment 233924View attachment 233925
I’ve seen the 1st 2 photos before. I forget where but I think the rads in the photos were rescued from poachers.
It’s a scam.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Whenever it seems too good to be true it usually isn't true.
This is a scam. That's why I asked as nothing about it smelled right.
If you want too waste time on them that's your right. Just don't get caught up into believing anything they say.

tortoiseplanet

Earth
View attachment 233926 You can tell by the way it is written and the info given that it is def a scam. And then I went to google and typed "radiated tortoise group" and the first picture that popped up under images is the 3rd pic on your list. Please be diligent in your research with things that seem too good to be true

Ah, nice work! I should’ve reverse imaged searched the photos they sent me. I thought maybe they were in an area in the middle of nowhere where things are cheap and they have a lot of them, which is why they were selling for so cheap. Guess not. Glad you guys are smarter than me lol

Big Charlie

5 Year Member
California
Did they say where they were located? They don't sound like English is their first language.