ALDABRA TORTOISE BREEDER

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
SW Forida
jkingler said:
My goodness, that 3 year old is way, waaaaay too cute. In your opinion, is anything as cute (or maybe just sort of the same sort of cute?) and destined to stay as small as that 3 year old Aldabra? I cannot responsibly afford or provide the space for an Aldabra, but that picture tempts me beyond reason, lol.

;) Stay clear of the larger tortoise species if space is an issue.

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
ALDABRAMAN said:
jkingler said:
My goodness, that 3 year old is way, waaaaay too cute. In your opinion, is anything as cute (or maybe just sort of the same sort of cute?) and destined to stay as small as that 3 year old Aldabra? I cannot responsibly afford or provide the space for an Aldabra, but that picture tempts me beyond reason, lol.

;) Stay clear of the larger tortoise species if space is an issue.

...aint that the TRUTH! I have 1 Sulcata and would like another large tort, but will have to aim for a smaller one simply because of space!

i love chelonians

5 Year Member
MO
ALDABRAMAN said:
i love chelonians said:
how fast do Aldabra torts grow?

Under five days. (2005 pic.)
118efrp.jpg

About sixty days. (2009 pic.)
t97be8.jpg

About one year. (2009 pic.)
9qa1a9.jpg

About two years. (2009 pic.)
sq1m6d.jpg

about three years. (2011 pic.)
rswpk8.jpg

About eighteen years. (2011 pic.) (not ours)
257op78.jpg

give me about 14+ years and i will be able to get one

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
i love chelonians said:
ALDABRAMAN said:
i love chelonians said:
how fast do Aldabra torts grow?

Under five days. (2005 pic.)
118efrp.jpg

About sixty days. (2009 pic.)
t97be8.jpg

About one year. (2009 pic.)
9qa1a9.jpg

About two years. (2009 pic.)
sq1m6d.jpg

about three years. (2011 pic.)
rswpk8.jpg

About eighteen years. (2011 pic.) (not ours)
257op78.jpg

give me about 14+ years and i will be able to get one

:)

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
Pokeymeg said:
What are some of the ages of the big torts in your yard?

:tort: Our breeders we can not say for sure, they are all imports from many years ago.

jareeed2

5 Year Member
Boston
I just came across
This thread.. I am also 19 and have just started my tortoise hobby.. I have always hAd turtles growing up.. Box, wood, spotted, painted turtles . I bought two redfoots last year.. I hope i can make this a life long hobby as you have.. I love you aldabra tortoises.. I just told my mother im saving up for one and showed her your pictures and she almost freaked at how
Big they were haha!

i love chelonians

5 Year Member
MO
jareeed2 said:
I just came across
This thread.. I am also 19 and have just started my tortoise hobby.. I have always hAd turtles growing up.. Box, wood, spotted, painted turtles . I bought two redfoots last year.. I hope i can make this a life long hobby as you have.. I love you aldabra tortoises.. I just told my mother im saving up for one and showed her your pictures and she almost freaked at how
Big they were haha!

yeah, my parents still can't believe how i could possibly want something that gets as big as a sulcata let alone an Aldebaran, they just don't know why on earth i would want something that could crush me

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
154dcn6.jpg

jareeed2 said:
I just came across
Big they were haha!

i love chelonians said:
jareeed2 said:
I just came across
Big they were haha!

yeah, my parents still can't believe how i could possibly want something that gets as big as a sulcata let alone an Aldebaran, they just don't know why on earth i would want something that could crush me

jkingler

5 Year Member
They look like Brontosaurus Buddhas, all enlightened and serene and stuff, with light halos shining behind them...Too good. ^^
ALDABRAMAN said: