10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
SW Forida
v2z4sk.jpg

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
My goodness, Greg, Hopie is looking so much bigger these days! i think you did it this time. Hopie, I believe, will never need another feeding tube:) I ha r quite a collection of Hopie pics. Thank you!
ALDABRAMAN said:
Hopie has a great appetite and steady gaining weight these days!

153lgza.jpg

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
sibi said:
My goodness, Greg, Hopie is looking so much bigger these days! i think you did it this time. Hopie, I believe, will never need another feeding tube

* Thank you, he is doing great! I think the entire level of success with him this time was based on his inability to adequately thermal regulate himself. We micro manage him closely with constant heating and daily doses of lactulose!

28s4pvk.jpg

ige1jt.jpg

B_Daniel_K

ALDABRAMAN said:
Hey all, I am an aldabra tortoise breeder in Florida. I have been working with this species for many of years. We have had great success with our breeding program resulting with many of hatchlings. This is an extreme hobby and passion for me and I will be happy to answer any questions or provide any direction regarding this species. Pictures available thru e-mail at [email protected].

I have one baby leopard tort, and I'm saving up for an aldabra hatchling. How would Southern California do as a habitat. I live in LA. Also, when aldabra a get to be full grown, how big should their enclosure be?

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
That must be great stuff. In fact, I've taken all the info on the lactulose so that my vet can give me a script for it. I want to order it online, or get the script to the feed store so that they can order it for me. I need to see it that will help my rescue with his problem too. Anything I should know about this product that may help?

ALDABRAMAN said:
sibi said:
My goodness, Greg, Hopie is looking so much bigger these days! i think you did it this time. Hopie, I believe, will never need another feeding tube

* Thank you, he is doing great! I think the entire level of success with him this time was based on his inability to adequately thermal regulate himself. We micro manage him closely with constant heating and daily doses of lactulose!

28s4pvk.jpg

ige1jt.jpg

Is this a pic of Hopie watching his cuz grazing? Poor fella :(
ALDABRAMAN said:

What an awesome pic Greg. That's got to be an 8 x 10!

ALDABRAMAN said:
02-06-2014 // Hopie eating hibiscus flowers & cactus!

2n6ad0k.jpg

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
Dan__ said:
How would Southern California do as a habitat.

* There are many that keep aldabra tortoises in California!

sibi said:
That must be great stuff. In fact, I've taken all the info on the lactulose so that my vet can give me a script for it.

* We feel that it is for sure of value in Hopies case, he defecates on a regular basis without any issues!

sibi said:
I want to order it online, or get the script to the feed store so that they can order it for me.

* I actually order it directly from my canine vet, i use it for my retired police dog also on a daily basis. It is right at $150 per case.

mccbgm.jpg

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
Most know that this time of the year it is extremely challenging to find good fresh quality hay, well after several feed stores i hit the jack pot! Fresh, green, and smelled fantastic!

2ze9wsy.jpg

v8mt74.jpg

28kq5e.jpg

T33's Torts

5 Year Member
Neverland!
Thats a lot of hay!! I buy mine in trash bags. One bag will last a good 3 months. If I get a big sully I may need to find some bales!