Aldabras

Status
Not open for further replies.

-EJ

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Georgia
They look nice. Did you get them from Freds Pets? How big were they when you got them?

Ed

My daughter came over today so I was able to get a couple pictures for you. My two Aldabran tortoises are also 8 years old. Their names are "The Bigger One" and "The Smaller One."

Yvonne

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
-EJ said:
They look nice. Did you get them from Freds Pets? How big were they when you got them?
Ed

I don't know the name of the place where my partner got them, but I've had them since they were hatchlings...about 3" front to back.

Yvonne

-EJ

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Georgia
If you're sure they were 3 inches front to back the odds are those are some of the first Aldabras hatched in the US since the 80s. I'd bet they are from Bob Clark.

That was one of the first years he hatched them.

Tortoises under 4 inches are near impossible to import.

Anyway... nice animals.

Ed

-EJ said:
Ed

I don't know the name of the place where my partner got them, but I've had them since they were hatchlings...about 3" front to back.

Yvonne

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Yvonne,

The bigger one and the smaller one are very cute, they are huge, I really find them nice! I wish I could have enough place outside to have one like that :D

Isa

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Laura said:
Darn, I cant see the first pics.. :-(

I can't see them either. I guess it times out after a while. That first post by EJ was way back in May. But seeing the pictures of mine with me kneeling next to them makes me realize just how much they have grown! They're really a lot bigger now than in those early pictures.

Yvonne

spikethebest

10 Year Member!
Southern California
I can't see them either. I guess it times out after a while. That first post by EJ was way back in May. But seeing the pictures of mine with me kneeling next to them makes me realize just how much they have grown! They're really a lot bigger now than in those early pictures.

Yvonne

Yvonne, have you been able to weigh them at all? Do you have SCL measurements of them?

Thanks

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
spikethebest said:
Yvonne, have you been able to weigh them at all? Do you have SCL measurements of them?

Thanks

They are both 26" scl and (if I'm remembering correctly) 18" wide.

Yvonne

Sunrise

5 Year Member
sorry I am new here, anyone could tell me how to see the pictures?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
They just show up automatically. Maybe you need to allow your computer some time to download them.

Yvonne

After I posted my answer I tried to open EJ's links to the pictures and they don't open. Sorry, Sunrise. He posted this thread quite a while ago and I guess the pictures are no longer available. (When you see a line of blue writing, you just left-click on it and it's supposed to open the picture)

Yvonne

Status
Not open for further replies.