Alex Has Left The Beach

Len B

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
Today was Alex's last day here at the Beach, She is going to a new zip code to nest.The first signs of nesting came yesterday She spent almost 5 hours working the area in the first 2 picsalexfirstnest2016a.jpgalexfirstnest2016.jpgToday she spent some time off and on working the dirt along the back fence alexlastday.jpg This next pic is the last pic of Alex at the Beachalexlastday2.jpg This move has been planed for awhile just didn't expect any of the females to start nesting until Sept to Oct.. Enoch will most likely join her tomorrow. Then Toad, and the last to go will be Sylvi.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
This must be hard on your patient wife (changing houses like that). Very pretty tortoise. Hopefully it won't put her off her game any.

Len B

10 Year Member!
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
This must be hard on your patient wife (changing houses like that). Very pretty tortoise. Hopefully it won't put her off her game any.
We are not leaving the beach, just 4 of the adult sulcatas. Walker is staying here with us. The ones leaving are staying in Va about 45 minutes away with much more room than I can provide for them here. Last year it took her at least 5 days to actually lay the eggs after she showed signs of nesting. I hope she will handle the move fine. Thanks I think she is a beautiful 4 year old also.