Almost ready/am I ready?

Sassy

Location (City and/or State)
Georgia
I think I'm almost ready to get my first tort! Our family has decided on a red footed. Since I'm in my 40s, my adult son has decided to be the one to inherit it if it outlives me.
I'd like to get a well-started juvenile, but am not sure where to get him/her from. For a starter home, I have an 18x36 glass enclosure with removable screen top thst I have made a cover for to keep in humidity and heat. For the indoor area after that we have a 3ft by 5ft space designated in the living room that has not been built yet. It is near the back door for easy access to where the outside play yard will be built inside the fenced in yard. We live in middle Georgia so weather is warm to hot most of the year.
I'm not sure what type of light to get. I already found a vet. I've done research for a few months but just joined the forum. Is there anything else I'm missing?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
For a light get a uvb tube florescent. For a juvenile the glass aquarium is too small and good for hatchlings only.
Your 3x5 space is what you should use for the juvie size and will need to be a lot bigger once s/he gets closer to adulthood unless used only for night time sleeping and/or on the few cold days and nights you might have.
We have many very good breeders on the forum that you should look into for purchasing.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
There is a fellow here local to me that sells well started Redfoot and Cherryhead redfoot.
SOUTHERN REPTILES
He can also be found on Facebook.
He breeds most of the tortoises he sells and he also ships.
A few month old baby would be best for the size of what you have.

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
They're is a guy that sells healthy, smooth, juvenile Redfoots at the Repticon Atlanta reptile show. I've gotten one from him. Coincidentally the show is this weekend in Gwinnett. Not sure what part of GA your in but this might be an option for you.

https://repticon.com/georgia/atlanta/