Am I weird?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sudhira

5 Year Member
Preaching to the choir here, but I get a great sense to nurturing and calm when I watch the tortoises eat, and bask, and graze, and well, just "BE" tortoises. Nature really turns me on...

I wonder what makes those of us who receive joy from this tick?? LOL

Terri O

5 Year Member
I do not think you "weird" at all! There is just something about nurturing another being that is so satisfying. NO--you are not weird, the people that do not get this feeling when caring for something other than themselves are the weird ones IMHO! Terri O

Sudhira said:
Preaching to the choir here, but I get a great sense to nurturing and calm when I watch the tortoises eat, and bask, and graze, and well, just "BE" tortoises. Nature really turns me on...

I wonder what makes those of us who receive joy from this tick?? LOL

mctlong

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
SF Valley, SoCal
Definately not wierd. After a long day day at work, I like to sit and watch my RT 'Indy' just be a tortoise. He's amazing. He's never stressed. He eats when he wants, sleeps when he wants. Nothing ever bothers him. He's the ultmiate example of calm and tranquility.

As humans, we can learn alot from tortoises.

bikerchicspain

5 Year Member
spain
Mini sat on my lap for about an hour while i tickled her,she loves thar..

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
I only wish I had more time to sit and watch Taco! Seems like I always have something I have to get done instead, though.:rolleyes:

Last summer I started taking my lunch outside to the patio, where I could sit and keep an eye on her. This was especially funny one day when she was in a climbing mood. I had just monitored her while she climbed up and over a tree stump, and had removed her over to the garden, so she'd be safer, and when I came back out with my dessert, I looked over at the garden to see her looking straight back at me from the top level of a big bisected rock. It was as if she was saying, "See? I can climb anything I want to! Now, do you mind? I need a little help getting down here!":p

I love to watch her eat, and drink, and bathe, and sleep, and explore...

Not weird at all!;)

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Do you want an honest answer? :)

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
You are sooo not weird, I love looking at Hermy, I love watching him eat, dring, walk around, sleep... It is sooo relaxing :)

Sudhira

5 Year Member
Yes, it is relaxing to me too. LOL, I also love to worry...hahaha

sammi

10 Year Member!
San Diego, CA
Totally a stress reliever for me too. Watching Ernie eat is one of my favorite things to do :) I could just sit and watch him do all his little tortoise antics for hours :p

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Well if what you discribed makes you weird, then your here with a lot of other weird people. :) I think there is a lot of us that feel that way.

Weloveourtortoise

5 Year Member
Gardner, MA
definately not weird!!! I love to just watch Charlie running around, basking, taking a soak, having him out on the couch watching tv with me, cuddling on my sholder/chest area!

webskipper

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
AZ
Sudhira said:
LOL, well I am good company then!

Me 2. When everyone else is weird than can you really be weird?

tortoisenerd

5 Year Member
Washington
Isn't this why we keep tortoises? They aren't the cuddly types of pets like dogs or cats, but are amazing to observe. My favorite things to watch are eating and yawning.

VICtort

5 Year Member
Nurturing I think is an instinct some of us have and others less so. I love to watch my tortoises, the lizards on the trees, the fish in the pond, etc. You can learn by closely observing, often finding the keys to good husbandry by patient observations. I even enjoy watching bees going into the hive, wondering what plants they are working, what type of pollen they are carrying etc. People with a strong nurturing instinct are usually dependable and responsible, good things! Sometimes it gets in the way of good decisions making, especially gardening, you know you should rip out that weak plant but instead you keep trying to coax it along...lol NO, it is not weird, it is just part of what makes animal lovers what they are. Vic H.

Sudhira

5 Year Member
Hey Vic,

I also keep bees, hahaha...my little buzzing friends! We work together in the flower farm, it is all so amazing! Your little girl is precious and doing grand!

Status
Not open for further replies.