AMC *** THE WALKING DEAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

nikki0601

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Bonifay, FL
Does anyone here watch this show? Walking Dead, comes on the AMC channel.. I love it, would love to find folks here on tfo who love it too.. Or Dexter, TruBlood, all good shows

Leroy's_homeboy

5 Year Member
SE Wisconsin
My girlfriend and I (we both post here under the same username) are huge fans of The Walking Dead. We also used to be big fans of both Dexter and True Blood, but we've been disappointed with both of those shows lately. The past two seasons of Dexter have been snoozers in my opinion, just can't get into them, I find them lacking something that the previous seasons had. As far as True Blood, I stopped watching simply because I lost interest. I didn't like the direction the show was taking I guess.

Aside from The Walking Dead, Breaking Bad is also one of our favorite shows to watch, it's just too bad that season five will be the final season. Hell on Wheels has been great so far too. It just seems like AMC hits home run after home run (yeah...I know...The Killing WAS pretty lame).

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I am a huge fan, I am a fan of zombie movies and the genre in general, as long as it is good. I started out as a fan of the comic book, and I was ecstatic when I heard they were making this into a series. If you are a fan of good zombie books I would suggest the zombie survival guide, it is written as a joke book, but it is so seriously written you start to wonder, and also from the same author is world war Z.

torti

5 Year Member
Walking dead is awesome. Second season is the best!

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
I love Dexter and I love true blood. I have not seen Walking Dead but if I get the chance I will check it out.

nikki0601

5 Year Member
Bonifay, FL
Wow, glad to see we have some Walking Dead fans, and for any of u who have not seen it yet, u must.. As for Dexter yes I see what u saying, since the first few seasons it hasnt been so good, watched the season finale last night and have no idea where it can be going next.. Always loved true blood but like dmmj I am a zombie fan, my upmost favorite, I heard they are making a movie from the book World War Z, staring Brad Pitt, hope this is true, I heard that on the Walking Dead fan site

nikki0601

5 Year Member
Bonifay, FL
Did any of u Walking Dead fans predict that Sophia was in the barn? As soon as Gleen found the barn I knew she was in there, though I predicted the walkers would break themselves out of the barn and eat a few of the crew.. My next prediction is that Shane will be killed off soon after the season picks back up, I hate that because I adore Shane even though he is ”bad”.. I know he has it comin

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I work on Dexter from time to time. My dog has been on there several times. Don't know the WD show, but I like the genre.

nikki0601

5 Year Member
Bonifay, FL
Tom u serious? U worked on the set of Dexter? Thats just to cool, what did u do?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I sicced my dog on "Dexter" in three different episodes so far. The first one was season two I think, where Dexter's dad was a ghost and came back with a vicious dog barking at Dexter. The second one was season three or four with my dog playing the police dog in the back of the cruiser in the parking lot at the police station. Other people could walk by and the dog remained silent, but when Dexter goes by, the dog erupts with anger and tries to "get him", through the window. This last time, (I don't know if it has aired yet) he is the dog of a guy who owns a car repair shop that helps troubled youth. Again he goes after Dexter, plus a few other things...

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I am not a zombie person, so doubt I would like that show. As I have said before, we don't get TV her and I am too cheap to get cable, so I have a few DVDs of shows. Dexter is one and I think I have run the first, third and fourth seasons about 30 times each. I don't have the second season yet. :D I do recall the scene with the cop dog in the car. :D

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Let me say even though it is a zombie series, it is a well written show and a good story, the zombie aspect is secondary IMHO,

nikki0601

5 Year Member
Bonifay, FL
Oh wow, your dog was brother Sams dog, thats crazy, the dog was a key piece of evidence, for Dexter anyway, in the episode of brother Sams shooting, who ever shot Sam had walked right into his shop and the dog didnt bark at him and Dexter knew there was only one person it could be.. The dog was very important in that episode.. That is too cool

dmmj said:
Let me say even though it is a zombie series, it is a well written show and a good story, the zombie aspect is secondary IMHO,

You are right, in the new book, the walking dead chronicles the companion book,the author has even said though its a Zombie series the zombies are secondary characters, the survivors are the main story, its a great story.. Cant wait for feb 12th when they pick it back up

Status
Not open for further replies.