An over-abundance of male sulcatas!!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Rescue #53, male about 35lbs. I've had this one since August. He's a real nice tortoise and I've enjoyed having him in the backyard, so I really haven't made an effort to adopt him out. However, I just took in rescues 72 and 73 this a.m. and now I don't have space.

Rescue #53 8-15.jpg

Rescue #73 is about the same size as #53. He's around 30lbs, and 4 years old. Male, of course:

Rescue #73 10-14-15 a.jpg Rescue #73 10-14-15 b.jpg

Rescue #72 is every so slightly smaller than my 110lb Dudley. So I'm guessing anywhere from 90 to 100lbs. Another male, and 20 years old:

Rescue #72 10-14-15.jpg Rescue #72 20-14-15 c.jpg Rescue #72 10-14-15 b.jpg

Because I'd like to place these before the cold weather really sets in, I'm going to relax my rules a bit. If you can send me detailed pictures of your sulcata yard including the heated shelter, I won't have to come take a look in person. These are no fee adoptions, and only one to a household.

The tortoises are in the Fresno/Clovis area of California, so please no responses unless you are within driving distance. No shipping.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Best wishes to re-home those big boys.

Flex

I could help out with adopting one ill be in bakersfiel on the 24th r u willing to meet half way from bakers to ur house ?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
If only! I'd really like to get rid of this big tortoise. He's causing quite the mess in my backyard. Naturally, he's stressed at being uprooted from a home he's known the past 20 years and plunked down in a new territory, and that stress causes him to 'march.' He marches down the fenceline and when he gets to the end, and wants to march back the way he came from, he turns TOWARDS the fence instead of away from it. So he's messing up my 'beautiful' rusty metal panels that are there to protect the chain link. He bulldozes the cinderblocks away from the fenceline. He tries to squeeze between the house and the rose bushes - a very tight fit, and causes the rose bushes' roots to loosen, scraping away the stucco on the house.

But as much as I wish him gone, I just don't travel well. I'm a senior citizen on a fixed income (not too much $$ for gas), and the only time I get my truck out of the black widow laden garage is once a week to go to the store and run errands here in town.

escurnow

5 Year Member
South Texas
Good luck with this handsome boy. I'd take him in a minute if I lived in CA!