80lb sulcata

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
If you live in Central California, around Fresno/Madera/Clovis/Sanger, and are looking for a large male sulcata to complete your family, give me a call. This is a no fee adoption, and the only criterion is that I come over and have a look at the yard where you want to keep him.

2014 Rescue #83 a.jpg 2014 rescue #83 d.jpg 2014 Rescue #83 e.jpg 2014 Rescue #83c.jpg

A sulcata must be kept warm in the winter, as they do not hibernate. So a heated shed or heated garage has to be provided for him. The people who turned him in said he weighed about 80lbs, and he is very close in size to my own 110lb sulcata, so I have no reason to doubt their measurement.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
He's a nice looking one. This one was a turn in or a stray?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
He was found in a rural town south and east of Visalia. The guy who found him brought him to his grandma and she tried for a week to find his owner. But she didn't like the way he tore up her yard, so she turned him in to me. I advertised for a week to find his owner, and had absolutely NO takers...not even the weirdos who say its theirs when you know its not. So now he's up for grabs.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
To paraphrase sir mix a lot
" I like big shelled tortoise, and I can not lie"

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
...and he does have a big butt!

jojay327

10 Year Member!
Elgin, South Carolina
If you live in Central California, around Fresno/Madera/Clovis/Sanger, and are looking for a large male sulcata to complete your family, give me a call. This is a no fee adoption, and the only criterion is that I come over and have a look at the yard where you want to keep him.

View attachment 105170 View attachment 105171 View attachment 105172 View attachment 105173

A sulcata must be kept warm in the winter, as they do not hibernate. So a heated shed or heated garage has to be provided for him. The people who turned him in said he weighed about 80lbs, and he is very close in size to my own 110lb sulcata, so I have no reason to doubt their measurement.
Wow I would love to have him but South Carolina is a little far for a yard inspection. Good luck.